What Are You Watching? 2023

I've just finished BODIES on Netflix, which despite being approx two eps too long I thought was quite marvellous overall. It's got time travel and attractive 1890s shirtlifting homosexuals, what more do you want
I gave up on this halfway through. Like a lot of science fiction, it was good until it wasn’t and then I just didn’t give a shit.

I usually love a UK DRAMA but I think I have watched them all.

Can anyone recommend anything I may have missed? @FetchFugly @Halli ?
How about an Irish drama? 🥔 ☘️

Series 1 of KIN, one of the biggest shows here over the past few years, has just been added to the iPlayer. Starring Marvel's Charlie Cox with an (almost) impeccable Irish accent and various other great actors

It's a drugs/gangland/family kind of thing and is really good

Series 1 of KIN, one of the biggest shows here over the past few years, has just been added to the iPlayer. Starring Marvel's Charlie Cox with an (almost) impeccable Irish accent and various other great actors

Oh yes. Thankyou dUb, I shall be getting involved with this today I think.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Sagrada Familia is back for second season 🙌 😍

Can't remember if we've had a thread for season 1, but it's worth watching.
It’s ‘Holy Family’ on English speaking Netflix. I didn’t watch the first season but I added it to my watch list so got an update for season 2 today.

Najwa Nimri is an icon.

It's gonnae be a no :D

Four In A Bed. Same issue trying to watch a week's shows where the pay day episode is nowhere to be seen (it was the week where a blonde woman sporting a black eye refused to stay the night in a glamping site and the preview looked quite eventful). Anyway, watching one up in Scotland. The mother from Linlithgow I just assumed was from Aberdeen as I've never ever heard that kind of an accent and I'm from this area. On with the show..

Edit: I've started with the Clyde episode so have missed however many before, and I'm pretty sure the mother could be deaf so oops on my front [I don't even know what word I misspelled with autocorrect there] with the accent comment - I love the Scottish accents you don't hear often anyway, but just thought I'd better add to the previous comment.

Last edited:

I've watched the first couple of episodes. Excellent leading cast and, though the script is not exactly subtle, I am sufficiently involved. Charlie Cox has been very good so far.

I've rattled through s2 of The Newsreader and I LOVED IT SO SO MUCH.

It's done everything a second run should do - kept all I loved about the first, developed the best plot strands, and added good new characters. The high camp ending of ep 5 made me GASP, and the Australia bicentenary ep felt even more powerful in light of that terribly racist country's recent wicked vote re: first nations people.

I'm v pleased to see that s3 has already been commissioned.

I'm only a few episodes in but agree this run definitely lives up to the first. I just got to their quite remarkable visit to Gerry's home. I knew I recognised Gerry, he is Ben Whishaw's hot boyfriend from This Is Going to Hurt.

Also I LOVE NOELENE

Didn't realise we were getting this before Christmas

A Murder at the End of the World on Disney. I'm enjoying the whodunnit but at the same time I'm glad there are only seven episodes.

The first couple of Such Brave Girls (BBC). Darkly funny and the first two episodes both had a scene which prompted an OH MY GOD reaction.

Been watching Archie on ITVx with Jason Isaacs as Cary Grant, who is incredible. Timeline chops around back and forth a bit too much, but otherwise I’m enjoying it.

Finished The Newsreader. LOVED episode five... Dale finding that hitting that perfect beat came with a walk of shame and Helen's iconic walk out :disco:

Do we think Gerry actually did the dirty on Dale with Donna Gillies? He looked as though he felt completely betrayed by Dale so maybe not.

It goes without saying that Lindsay is a horror.

I'm not quite buying Dale's emergence as the authoritative Mr News. Obviously looking forward to a third run but wondering how they will bring Helen back.

We binged The Couple Next Door this week, which was real enjoyable nonsense, if anyone is looking for a drama serial (@Rita). Sam Heughan was a bit of a weak link. I think he was trying so hard to hide his accent that he forgot how to act sometimes. Still, he got his arse out, so who cares?

We binged The Couple Next Door this week, which was real enjoyable nonsense, if anyone is looking for a drama serial (@Rita). Sam Heughan was a bit of a weak link. I think he was trying so hard to hide his accent that he forgot how to act sometimes. Still, he got his arse out, so who cares?
Oh sorry, @Jingle Bell Reet

Always looking for a new drama to watch. Thankyou darling.

Currently watching Kin that @dUb Actually recommended and BY GOD. I’m loving it. Not so often we get a good Irish drama in all fairness, and I am INVOLVED.
Glad to hear!! Season 2 is even better, hopefully won’t be too long a wait for it to show up

Are the Christmas tv schedules out? Is it the usual soaps, Strictly special, and Call The Midwife? I usually record it all and watch on the 27th.

Are the Christmas tv schedules out? Is it the usual soaps, Strictly special, and Call The Midwife? I usually record it all and watch on the 27th.

Doctor Who is back on Christmas Day this year but I'm sure there will still be room for Strictly and Call The Midwife.

How many seasons @dUb Actually ? I’m coming back home on Monday. I have Sky, so will I get it on box sets?
Sorry, just saw this! You've probably seen, there's two seasons, you should find S2 on Sky, but on RTE Player for sure (and if you put on the A*dio D*scription you can hear me telling you what's happening)

I just watched this fun Channel 4 doc from 'irreverent' Vice journalist 'Oobah Butler' about how Amazon are, essentially, evil scum:

It's quite scattergun (he goes undercover as an amazon warehouse employee but, SPOILER, gets rumbled comedically quickly, so then has to find new ways to fill the show) and not all of it lands perfectly, but it's very watchable and entertaining. And really does underline how Amazon ARE evil scum.

I will now return to doing my Christmas shopping on Amazon like nothing has happened, mind. It's just SO convenient.

I just watched this fun Channel 4 doc from 'irreverent' Vice journalist 'Oobah Butler' about how Amazon are, essentially, evil scum:

It's quite scattergun (he goes undercover as an amazon warehouse employee but, SPOILER, gets rumbled comedically quickly, so then has to find new ways to fill the show) and not all of it lands perfectly, but it's very watchable and entertaining. And really does underline how Amazon ARE evil scum.

I will now return to doing my Christmas shopping on Amazon like nothing has happened, mind. It's just SO convenient.

I watched this one when it was on and actually thought it and him was pretty good.

He made a good point that Amazon ARE evil scum because we want them to be. We want same day delivery and we want as cheap as possible.

I just watched Hannah Waddingham's Christmas special on Apple TV+ while wrapping presents, and found it to be the smuggest, most obnoxious thing.

I just wanted Hannah Waddingham singing Christmas songs in a nice dress, but they clearly didn't have the confidence in that being enough so it's packed full of shoehorned-in cameos and ropey skits with her Ted Lasso co-stars (who are, on the whole, quite unappealing outside of the show) and duets with people who aren't as good as Hannah Waddingham solo. She does like 3 songs by her self.

On the plus-side I liked her being a staunch ally and giving good prominence to the London's Gay Men's chorus, and The Fabulous Lounge Swingers. GAY RIGHTS

Tore on Netflix, a Swedish coming of age gay type drama. The dubbing is surprisingly good.

Finished watching Suranne being QUEEN OF EVERYTHING taking no nonsense from a whole lot of military and intelligence types on the second series of Vigil.

Even though it was quite obvious Dougray and Romola were WRONG UNS

I've not heard much about the second series of Vigil, not sure if I fancy it

It's the time of year where I load up iPlayer and start making my way through Fanny Cradock in the kitchen at Christmas time, screaming at her assistant, fisting a turkey full of mushrooms and mixing cake with her hands.

I also have Cilla's 1983 Christmas Eve special lined up for the night before Christmas but I'm genuinely not sure if I can take it again.

It's the time of year where I load up iPlayer and start making my way through Fanny Cradock in the kitchen at Christmas time, screaming at her assistant, fisting a turkey full of mushrooms and mixing cake with her hands.

I also have Cilla's 1983 Christmas Eve special lined up for the night before Christmas but I'm genuinely not sure if I can take it again.
I watch this at the start of December EVERY YEAR

Is it not STRANGE that both the ITV soaps are only on for 30 minutes? Are they not usually longer? Eastenders is on for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom