What Are You Watching? 2023

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Currently watching Death Becomes Her (1992) on ITV. Strange seeing bits censored for afternoon viewing (the pricking of the finger is a no no, but outlining how to kill Madeline Ashton via alcohol poisoning completely fine). An iconic film from start to finish.

Currently watching Death Becomes Her (1992) on ITV. Strange seeing bits censored for afternoon viewing (the pricking of the finger is a no no, but outlining how to kill Madeline Ashton via alcohol poisoning completely fine). An iconic film from start to finish.

And now on the 2nd prick with Earnest, this time they slowed down Lisle's (Isabella) reaction shot, only it looked really janky.

Just finished the second season of Young Royals. Still watchable but a bit of the charm of the first run was gone.

Started the second season of Firefly Lane on impulse.

BBC4 are showing old 70s episodes of Come Dancing. Mildly obsessed, especially for the dresses and the easy listening soundtrack. The current episode is Northern Ireland vs Scotland. N.I. are rubbish.

I feel like @lolly would enjoy this.

Warning: contains traces of Terry Wogan.

Both of this professional couple are both still alive and working. I had presumed the 80s would have killed him.

BBC4 are showing old 70s episodes of Come Dancing. Mildly obsessed, especially for the dresses and the easy listening soundtrack. The current episode is Northern Ireland vs Scotland. N.I. are rubbish.

I feel like @lolly would enjoy this.

Warning: contains traces of Terry Wogan.
I'm sure I'll get a nostalgia kick out of it. Let's hope they get on to the Angela Rippon years.

Northern Ireland have just taken the lead after a tremendous disco section.

I think Darleen has a cold, her voice sounds like a parody of a country singer. I'm guessing Jackie will be stealing all her scenes - if I try another it will be for her. Dan writing out a pros and cons for his grandson's potential boyfriends is very sweet to watch.

I'm quite into the show with Amanda Holden and Alan Carr renovating a Sicilian villa at the minute :disco:

Wondering how it ever got commissioned but it's a lot of fun

I'm quite into the show with Amanda Holden and Alan Carr renovating a Sicilian villa at the minute :disco:

Wondering how it ever got commissioned but it's a lot of fun

Amanda and Alan’s Italian Job. I am watching it just now. It is fabulous.

I was (slightly) excited when I read that Alan Carr was taking over from David Walliams on BGT after Graham Norton turned it down, as her relationship with Alan is my favourite thing about Amanda Holden. But now apparently he's turned it down and Bruno Tonioli has got it. Which gay is next in line if he flounces off?

I was (slightly) excited when I read that Alan Carr was taking over from David Walliams on BGT after Graham Norton turned it down, as her relationship with Alan is my favourite thing about Amanda Holden. But now apparently he's turned it down and Bruno Tonioli has got it. Which gay is next in line if he flounces off?

Maybe Brian Dowling, but it feels like a steep drop. There must be some gays in between.

That's him pressing the BGT red buzzer for the 38th time that day

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Started on ‘The other two’ yesterday and binged through the first 8 episodes

Absolutely hilarious. You can’t turn away for a second or you’ll miss a joke
Such a great show. It gets the gay experience so well

I'm still watching The West Wing (almost done with season 2), and I'm also watching Derry Girls (2 episodes left :() and Mare of Easttown

We've just started Silent Witness from the very beginning. Never seen it but I'm enjoying it.

I absolutely LOVE Junior Bake Off.

On Netflix I am still not exactly racing through the second season of Firefly Lane. Also halfway through Vikings: Varhalla S2 which is very enjoyable.

Everyone Else Burns on Channel 4, with Simon Bird and Morgana Robinson, is very good fun.

Started watching Physical 100 on Netflix yesterday, wouldn't be my cup of tea usually, but it's strangely entertaining and I can't get over some of the male bodies on display.
Also watching The Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House, which is really lovely and the most wholesome thing I've ever seen.

I am also contemplating bravely suffering the ITVX adverts for Nolly, rather than wait for it being shown on ITV on some unconfirmed date later this year.

Do the people that are talking about ITVX watch ITV online? I just searched for it downloaded the 3 episodes on Sky.

Do the people that are talking about ITVX watch ITV online? I just searched for it downloaded the 3 episodes on Sky.

Oh I didn't think the ITVX stuff was on Sky to download, just to stream. I will have a look now!

Yes. I have Sky Q, and it is available to download. I downloaded all 3 episodes earlier.

I've got Sky Q as well but no sign of Nolly or even ITVX, just ITV Catch-up. Perhaps I am due an update or something...

I've got Sky Q as well but no sign of Nolly or even ITVX, just ITV Catch-up. Perhaps I am due an update or something...

That is strange. Are you going in to the search function and searching for it? Is it possibly because I am in Scotland? I don’t think I have ITVX, but it is showing as STV rather than ITV.

2D5F8241-4A94-420B-AED3-93A991011082.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom