What Are You Watching? 2023

Been rewatching 'The Syndicate' I loved this! It's a shame there will be no more now Kay Mellor has died

I really fancy Matthew McNulty in the first series, wouldn't say no! :horny:

Married at First Sight UK edition. The series with the two scouse gays. I do wonder if they all have this time off work.

I got through the Big Brother reboot launch episode and show #2 doesn't seem very tempting at the moment.

Four In A Bed. My favourite reality TV right now.

I've been hooked on "Succession." The intense power struggles in a wealthy family make for gripping drama. Also, "Four In A Bed" is a guilty pleasure of mine. I enjoy the hospitality competition and the quirky contestants. With my Firestick https://www.firestickhow.com/tea-tv-alternatives.html, I can easily switch between these shows and more. What's on your watchlist this year? I'm always on the lookout for great recommendations, so feel free to share.

Last edited:
Four In A Bed. My favourite reality TV right now.

Did you see the first week of the new 6pm Series? The woman who got asked if she wanted a breakfast and she was so appalled by the suggestion she went off and needed some time to herself :D

Last edited:
Did you see the first week of the new 6pm
Series? The woman who got asked if she wanted a breakfast and she was so appalled by the suggestion she went off and needed some time to herself :D

I've got 1 more episode of the series with the scouse gays who have now left. Looks like I need to hurry up!

Edit: sorry Percy, totally read that wrong. I thought you were on about Married at first sight.

Last edited:
Married at First Sight UK edition. The series with the two scouse gays. I do wonder if they all have this time off work.

Watch this current series, I am hooked!

Working away my current watching will be catching up on Celeb Race Across the World and then nightly MAFS and BB, although with BB I am not too bothered about watching every single ep, its caught my attention enough to watch it when I am in and not catch up. Oh and that Jimmy Saville drama too for good measure :zombie:

Watch this current series, I am hooked!

Working away my current watching will be catching up on Celeb Race Across the World and then nightly MAFS and BB, although with BB I am not too bothered about watching every single ep, its caught my attention enough to watch it when I am in and not catch up. Oh and that Jimmy Saville drama too for good measure :zombie:

My PT showed me their offer to go on Married. Can you believe the marriages are not even legally binding? I was shocked! If I had been asked I would have replied to enquire about pay etc as it's about 2 months of filming and being stuck with someone.

I haven't watched any BB beyond the launch and really have to to start soon or else it will be too much.

Big Brother is taking up far more of my life than I ever expected it would in 2023 (I've not watched properly since BB6!) but it's a nice way to unwind at 9pm now I'm generally too frazzled to function at that time of day

I'm also watching the Jimmy Savile drama on iPlayer though. Just done ep 3 and it's the most disturbing so far (the stuff with the poor boy scout made me cry, and seeing the real him as an adult adds another dimension to it) but also LOL at the BBC having Margaret Thatcher as a character in it. High camp! Spin the adventures of Thatcher and Savile off into its own monstrous miniseries please.

Enjoyed the first two episodes of Lessons In Chemistry on TV+

Brie Larson’s character reminds me of a female Sheldon from The Big Bang theory.

I have just finished Payback with Morven Christie from The Bay. What a FANTASTIC series.

Finally caught up with the current series of Married At First Sight. They've just told a couple that is comprised of a narcissist that they can no longer be part of "the experiment". Very tough to watch, but the tropes are so recognisable when you're not the one embroiled in their dance and the never-ending pattern of behaviour with one person being chipped away at or being held up to squirm like a worm on a fishing hook. I do hope that going forward the show is much more equipped at dealing with this sort of behaviour. I'm pleased for the girl in that she has some of this behaviour on camera with other people's opinions to remember if/when she will inevitably think she's going crazy if she stays with such a person.

Oh my god. The gay in the episode that's on right now - it's like a Little Britain sketch. His Geordie groom isn't bad though.

I've finished Interview With The Vampire on iPlayer and loved it. it took me a little while to click into the style (the first few eps are more intensely romantic - albeit in a really fucking gory way - than I expected) but when Claudia arrives it just clicks into something properly good, I think.

Also I fancy both the main vampires so much. I really should not be jealous of the men they are eating, but we are where we are

I've finished Interview With The Vampire on iPlayer and loved it. it took me a little while to click into the style (the first few eps are more intensely romantic - albeit in a really fucking gory way - than I expected) but when Claudia arrives it just clicks into something properly good, I think.

Also I fancy both the main vampires so much. I really should not be jealous of the men they are eating, but we are where we are

I am only three episodes in I think (Claudia has just appeared), and I am really enjoying it so far. I love the atmosphere of it. My mum keeps telling me it is too slow but I do not hold with this. Lestat is quite something, however Jacob Anderson is doing excellent work in this.

Currently watching MAFS nightly, dipping in and out of BB, and my catch up of the weekend will be the Jimmy Saville drama.

I am only three episodes in I think (Claudia has just appeared), and I am really enjoying it so far. I love the atmosphere of it. My mum keeps telling me it is too slow but I do not hold with this. Lestat is quite something, however Jacob Anderson is doing excellent work in this.
Agreed. I've not really paid attention to him before (although I think I've only seen him in Doctor Who), but Anderson is a bonafide STAR in this. And hot.

There's a trailer for s2 which is on AMC next year, so I hope we'll get it on iPlayer shortly after and won't have to wait a year again.

Looks like they're only half pretending Lestat isn't in it

Is anyone else watching Three Little Birds? The three leading ladies in it are FABULOUS.

Finished Married at First Sight series 6. Hopefully 5 down to 1 are there too.

Now onto ep II of Planet Earth III.

Even Planet Earth III isn't above this ridiculous over editing fad for dolloping on sound effects for those wanting of attention spans. In this case, a gulp sound effect before a small fish is gorged by a camouflaged frog.

The tragedy of a seal being caught in net used to catch up to a million sardines at a time, but the sardines are fair game of course. Isn't nature wonderful? Not to say I wasn't emotional and rooting for the seal (complete with a full orchestra to whack me on the head if I wasn't), but still.

Popped American Horror Story season 12 on. We only have 3 episodes that have gone live so far. Oooh we have the fit guy from Slap Her She's French and the Good Wife in it.

Kim K is actually adequate. It's like they've just AI'd her out of previous heartfelt scenes she's filmed for The Kardashians though.

Started series 5 of Married. 6 was definitely where this show found its feet as it's very basic and Edinburgh would not be my honeymoon destination (at least go up to the Highlands where we can cos play as Mary Queen of Scots seeking refuge (although I guess you could do that in Linlithgow too) or even rapunzel depending on the castle architecture).

I've just finished BODIES on Netflix, which despite being approx two eps too long I thought was quite marvellous overall. It's got time travel and attractive 1890s shirtlifting homosexuals, what more do you want

I've just finished BODIES on Netflix, which despite being approx two eps too long I thought was quite marvellous overall. It's got time travel and attractive 1890s shirtlifting homosexuals, what more do you want

I mean I'd love a fucking clue about whats going on but other than that I'm enjoying it.

I've rattled through s2 of The Newsreader and I LOVED IT SO SO MUCH.

It's done everything a second run should do - kept all I loved about the first, developed the best plot strands, and added good new characters. The high camp ending of ep 5 made me GASP, and the Australia bicentenary ep felt even more powerful in light of that terribly racist country's recent wicked vote re: first nations people.

I'm v pleased to see that s3 has already been commissioned.

OK so I have gone crawling back to NETFLIX with my tail between my legs.

I am currently watching BECKHAM then need to finish Ginnie and Georgia season 2.

I've rattled through s2 of The Newsreader and I LOVED IT SO SO MUCH.

It's done everything a second run should do - kept all I loved about the first, developed the best plot strands, and added good new characters. The high camp ending of ep 5 made me GASP, and the Australia bicentenary ep felt even more powerful in light of that terribly racist country's recent wicked vote re: first nations people.

I'm v pleased to see that s3 has already been commissioned.
Yes I smashed through it yesterday. Really good for a second series.

The reaction has been quite bad. Brian Cox allegedly signed up by mistake.

I got to the end of the episode and it got a little bit better and I’ve actually started episode 2

They had the couples shown debating over a question for nearly five minutes. Such boring tv

It just lacks anything James Bond. The opening was so slow and boring with no fanfare

Brian Cox has phoned it in for sure

Still laid up with covid so after some Nordic noir binging I’m moving on to this Aussie comedy, ‘Fisk’ on Netflix.

Fisk and Tore are both on my Netflix list. Currently part way through The Fall of the House of Usher, which is proving a bit of an effort.

I finished Interview With The Vampire last week. Absolutely loved the finale. Hope we get the second season closer to the US Air date. I see that the BBC have now also snapped up Mayfair Witches as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom