Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder on the Dancefloor

Gonna burn this god damn house right down

• Total voters
I hear Spiller are replacing all published versions of Groovejet with Victoria Beckham. FLUSH

Can't even book a show in her own kitchen these days :(

You can’t say that she isn't making the most of this revival. Hopefully between all of these unexpected engagements she will still find the time to come up with some more bangers for the next album.

I bet she could have got a few more quid out of The Human League for supporting them now. I hope at least she's getting more than bloody T'Pau.

I bet she could have got a few more quid out of The Human League for supporting them now. I hope at least she's getting more than bloody T'Pau.

I imagine The Human League are probably thinking they needn't have bothered with Carol too.

I really hope she has something ready to go after this dies down. It would be such a shame to waste this momentum.

In ye olden days she’d have reissued Get Over You :disco:

Who would have ever predicted a SOPHIE ELLIS BEXTOR RADIO 1 LIVE LOUNGE SET in 2024?! Amazing

You're in for a treat. She's an UTTER JOY live.
I can’t imagine the venue is going to be much larger than her kitchen, so I’m hoping for a similar level of performance

And I mean this in a good way

Finally broke the top 100 airplay in the US - entered at #95 yesterday and now up to #94. Still gaining decently at pop and AC so hopefully can head on up the main chart now as well.

She was brilliant at Cardiff Pride last year. Spaced out the hits/kitchen disco covers perfectly to sustain momentum, and Young Blood - probably one of the least-known songs on the set for a casual audience - was SUCH a moment. I get goosebumps even now thinking about it.

Sadly despite that slightly misleading sub-header, there is no indication that Joni Mitchell is a fan of Murder on the Dancefloor. :( (She liked You Get What You Give).

First day of losing audience on US radio today, so looks like it is over there. A shame it couldn’t go a bit further, but given it’s made #17 on pop radio and currently sits at #64 on the Hot 100 on its ninth week in the chart is obviously outstanding.

Now Guetta has got his filthy hands on it.

That said I don't hate it.

Apparently it wasn't awkward at all on the night and she handled it very well.

Groovejet's not camp enough. Take Me Home lacks humour.

I'd say Get Over You would have the better shot, albeit it sounds rather dated in 2024. Perhaps a re-recording would work. She might have the buying power atm to get a few decent producers interested.

As lovely as this Murder revival has been, these TikTok trends don't seem to have much of a wider impact on the artist's back catalogue. She didn't even have her Greatest Hits re-charting significantly in the UK, let alone the US. So I wouldn't hold my breath for anything more to come of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom