Eastenders 2023

I wasn't watching for much of Karen's stint, but from what I did see I found her quite annoying. My mum loved her though and was gutted when she left. Was she generally well-liked with viewers?
She was for a long time, but she got absolutely ruined when Keanu kept screwing up and she just became involved in being obsessed with protecting him and hating Sharon. Before that she was a pretty good character.

This era of Suki and Eve is giving me EVERYTHING I need :disco:

It'll be interesting to see what happens next...

Loving the fact they all seem to have a WhatsApp group that they're communicating via. I hope it's called "The Six" :disco:

I had thought that Karen’s exit being a red herring was just wishful thinking too, but then I don’t think even her exit was ever officially announced, let alone Mitch’s. So there’s a chance…

Then again, how could the character not be irreversibly changed by losing two children? I’m not sure I’d want to watch that and ultimately maybe that’s what has led to them writing her out.

I'm not finding the logic of "dob Rocky in to the police because we don't want him to talk to the police" very convincing.

I'm not finding the logic of "dob Rocky in to the police because we don't want him to talk to the police" very convincing.

I guess the logic is that all he has at the moment are some vague memories about what he might have seen Sharon, Stacey and Denise doing. If he's sent to jail, he can't keep asking them questions and potentially trip them up on the answers. But yes, it does seem a massive risk because it surely makes the cafe a place of interest and increases the risk of Keanu's body being discovered.

I guess the logic is that all he has at the moment are some vague memories about what he might have seen Sharon, Stacey and Denise doing. If he's sent to jail, he can't keep asking them questions and potentially trip them up on the answers. But yes, it does seem a massive risk because it surely makes the cafe a place of interest and increases the risk of Keanu's body being discovered.

It’s all very silly. Threatening him with charges for arson, then surely he’d have nothing to lose and get a lighter sentence for assisting in their enquiries to find Keanu.

• Kylie's Red Blooded Woman playing in the vic during the quiz
  • Linda interrupting the the Doctor Who question
  • Eurovision reference in the opening scene (? I think it was the opening scene)
  • The last spoken word of Eastenders in 2023 is 'Bananarama'
:disco: episode 4 moopy

I still can't quite work out what the writers are doing with Elaine.

I generally quite like her OTT, theatrical performances behind the bar, but there's so little there as far as her relationship with Linda goes. The way she just dismissed the alcohol relapse and then left Denise and Suki to take Linda upstairs so she could carry on with the quiz didn't ring true at all. They desperately need a decent scene or two to properly establish a believable dynamic as mother and daughter. At the moment, it's so weirdly, noticeably, under-developed considering EastEnders has thrived this year in part because it's taken the time to properly think about how every single character knows and interacts with each other.

I am really liking Elaine in The Vic, but not sure how she will be outwith the pub when her term there ends. I don’t find her and George very believable as a couple though, and would have thought George and Cindy will be back in each-other’s arms by Summer time at the latest.

Last edited:
I am really liking Elaine in The Vic, but not sure how she will be outwith the pub when her term there ends. I don’t find her and George very believable as a couple though, and would have thought George and Cindy will be back in each-other’s arms by Summer time at the latest.

I agree.

In some respects, it's a shame there was already a loosely established narrative around Elaine that limited what the writers could do with the relationship. I think it'd be easier to have confidence in them as a couple if it had been that Elaine met George a year or so after Cindy left and had essentially helped him get over her and raise the kids as a mother figure. As a family unit, it does all feel a bit flimsy at the moment.

I see it's being reported by THE SUN and STAR who are both calling it an 'Exclusive'. The former says he's been axed, the latter says he's quit.

The Sun mentions his 'party life style' as being an issue :side-eye:

Oh no. This is very poor timing for little Lexi so soon after Lola passing. :(

That's quite a shock! I didn't know anything about his personal life before reading an article just there, oh well.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in here, but I did see a while ago that a male EE actor was suspended/fired in the summer due to some sort of assault charge or allegation.

That's probably the best course of action, they should just get the previous Ben (Harry Reid) if he'd be willing to do it. I seem to remember he was axed as part of a change in producers, and I think that recast was a genuine case of wanting a different direction for the character as he was a decent actor - he had all the Paul murder stuff with the Cokers, which was really well played.

Has this been posted yet? 6 of the cast performing on some ITV signing competition last week, and REALLY going for it:

They're great. Yolande and Honey are my highlights

I feel a bit sorry for Max Bowden because he's been lumbered with so much baggage as far as Ben goes. A re-cast wasn't necessary, so that certainly didn't help, but there's stuff like the human trafficking storyline that left a sour taste and was never resolved. That said, he's quite confrontational on social media and doesn't always seem able to take valid, constructive criticism of the character.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Ben Mitchell will be back at some point. He's too important a character to write out completely. But the "Ballum" iteration is completely expendable.

Maybe Linda would've found it less boring if she'd been introduced a month earlier than she was, then she would've seen these astonishing scenes play out before her own eyes:
1000033214.gif

1000033215.gif

So what will happen to Lexi? :o

I suppose the story will be Ben getting some job in Dubai or something and he’ll leave her with Jay and Callum. Then they re-cast in a year.

So what will happen to Lexi? :o
I'm picturing written out/exit with Ben and Callum and a SLUTTY AGED UP WILD GIRL recast (ala Dotty) return in 3 years with a GAY (one of the issues apparently with Bowden is he tries to get out of doing GAY KISSES) actor playing Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom