Corrie 2024

OMG! Absolute acting MASTERCLASS from Maureen Lipman and Claire Sweeney in Corrie tonight.

I saw the episode yesterday with Maureen Lipman going to the hospital and yes was very impressed with her and Claire Sweeney. Although perfect teeth for a down and out drug user :o

I saw the episode yesterday with Maureen Lipman going to the hospital and yes was very impressed with her and Claire Sweeney. Although perfect teeth for a down and out drug user :o

I clocked the teeth too. :D

I realise GOBSHITE BETH reported Gemma to social services but surely the hospital would have to anyway?

I would still date/shag Ryan even with those scars, he is a gorgeous lad

Apparently Peter is leaving which is a shame

Yes and then when anyone confronts her she just does that stupid snarling face. I'm sure she's based on Cilla (Chesney's mum) who was in it years ago

FB_IMG_1689883675650.jpg

There's footage too, it's lovely.

I saw a clip of Dinnerladies the other day and found myself thinking how old Mavis must be now, and that she must be absolutely decrepit / at death's door for us to never see her anymore :(

I'm DELIGHTED to have been SO WRONG

I find it quite sad seeing Ken and Rita hitting their 90ā€™s as they really canā€™t be around much longer. :(

Is Ken now the oldest person to appear as a regular character in Corrie? I think it was possibly Betty and I think she made it to 90?

The fact he's played the same part his WHOLE ADULT LIFE is quite something.

It'll be quite a big thing when Ken dies (same with Rita) but I think they both have a few years left yet. This is their only chance now to utilize them

Coronation Street royalty Barbara Knox will celebrate her milestone 90th birthday with a very special one-off documentary coming to ITV1 and ITVX this October. The Street stalwart, who has played the iconic Rita Tanner continuously for over half a century, will join Bradley Walsh as she looks back on the highlights from an illustrious career in television and theatre.

Actually quite enjoyed last night

Gail: We haven't got time to be agony aunts Sarah, especially if she's going to go through the whole back catalogue!
Sarah: You're one to talk! :D

Those flash forward bits make me think this may be ending with a whodunnit which I really can't be arsed with

That was atrocious! I laughed all the way through

Audrey's blase delivery of "What are you doing Stephen, what are you doing my love? :) " as he held a broken bottle to Jenny's throat was gold :D:D

I take it this will be Peter's exit

It was fucking dreadful. I don't even watch Coronation Street routinely, but I find myself tuning in because of the ongoing DISMAY over at Digital Spy about how bad the show is.

The show is absolutely crippled by block filming. They've got a serial killer showdown in the middle of the street, but only about 15 characters were there - no one looking out of windows or standing on doorsteps - which is bizarre. It was the middle of the day (or so it seemed - a lot happened, including Stephen getting to Liverpool and back), but the sets were empty.

And ultimately, Stephen killed three guest characters, so what was the point? One of them (Rufus) was so minor that one person flickered any recognition when it was revealed. Tonally it was all over the place and delivered with all the farce of a pantomime.

And ultimately, Stephen killed three guest characters, so what was the point? One of them (Rufus) was so minor that one person flickered any recognition when it was revealed.

This has been my main gripe with this storyline (apart from the fact Stephen is a bloody terrible actor)

All the characters he killed were brought in just for this story. There is no shock factor at all

Surely Ryan will be back??

I did enjoy Carla's little showdown with Jenny and Daisy in the street, nice to see a bit of the old feisty Carla again :disco:

I wonder if they're going down the route of Billy developing feelings for Moses and Paul giving him their blessing after he passes. It seemed like it the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom