Taylor Swift - "Look What You Made Me Do"

Also, is she trying to be GAY INTEREST with those backup dancers? Surely she'd be the WORST gay 'icon' of all time.

That video might well save the song (not that it was struggling in any way whatsoever).

Poor Taylor. One minute she's running an A-List lez-fest, the next minute she's plagiarizing Geri Halliwell and Lindsay Lohan.

That video might well save the song (not that it was struggling in any way whatsoever).

Presumably it's the reason why she's opening a lead on iTunes again, after Pink closed it to 0.95 yesterday.

The end of that video might be the best thing she's ever done :D
Are you serious? It's mortifying. Much like the Katy and the Swish Swish video, attempts at comedy fall flat because Taylor is simply not funny.

Crap video. Achieves the dubious feat of making the song even worse.

There's a reason why they ain't actresses honey, it's not easy being a TRIPLE THREAT

*insert JLO gif here*

Are you serious? It's mortifying. Much like the Katy and the Swish Swish video, attempts at comedy fall flat because Taylor is simply not funny.

Crap video. Achieves the dubious feat of making the song even worse.
The end part's mortifying? She actually shows a little bit of deftness with the self-referential thing (for once!) there. Yards ahead of Swish Swish, and lord knows I'd rather that weren't the case.

I really like the part where she sings over what I think is the Peaches sample but also sounds like a bit of the Spongebob credits song in this, it's so cool and indie.

It's predictable but I'm far more interested in her now she's fully evil, I quite like that she's having a massive hit with something that doesn't really sound like one.

ok after loads of replaying it I'm finally feeling it.

any song that includes the term "nick of time" (in 2017 no less, do millennials even know what it means?) and samples that annoying sound your car makes when you open the door and leave the keys on is a YES from me.

I really like the part where she sings over what I think is the Peaches sample but also sounds like a bit of the Spongebob credits song in this, it's so cool and indie.

It's predictable but I'm far more interested in her now she's fully evil, I quite like that she's having a massive hit with something that doesn't really sound like one.
it's an utterly joyless song bereft of melody

a musical lead balloon if you will...

Nah. I don't mind things being self-referential but that tested my patience. The end bit is pretty horrific.

My question ultimately is this: ok, if you want to make people talk about you, why not through a song that is actually good, and not something so higgledy–piggledy?

I don't think I've seen a more mixed poll on Moopy than the one here. Interestingly, more people think it's above average.

My question ultimately is this: ok, if you want to make people talk about you, why not through a song that is actually good, and not something so higgledy–piggledy?
Because people will be baffled and talk some more. See, it's working :o

Will it create a trend where artists leave their songs half-finished? :o

Give me the majesty of AURA over this horseshite ANY DAY

See, Aura was the Gaga song I mostly had a problem with, but yeah, way better than this song just out of the sheer boldness of Gaga's craziness in the song.

I don't think it sounds any less 'finished' than a lot of other tracks. Maybe it's a double standard but the frustrating thing is she's already shown she's MORE than capable of writing decent songs with good choruses. This feels like much more of a blatant bandwagon jumping move than anything she's done before.

I wish she'd go back to singing her verses instead of this speak-singing business. You're not the dad from Mary Poppins, love

I quite like the chorus on first listen.

The chorus is good but if this is the best she has then she's in trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom