Taylor Swift - "Look What You Made Me Do"

How dreadfully embarrassing.

I'm really shocked anyone has let this happen.

It's okay.

This always happens though. The first single throws people off, then it grows on people, then the album turns out fine. See We Are Never..., Shake It Off and the corresponding albums.

It's just so off-putting in terms of how serious, bitter and joyless it is. Worst of all though it is tuneless.

It's okay.

This always happens though. The first single throws people off, then it grows on people, then the album turns out fine. See We Are Never..., Shake It Off and the corresponding albums.
Those songs had melodies.

It's okay.

We Are Never was fucking brilliant from the start. This is a nearly great song let down in every single way by its chorus.

I'm furious she's passed the blame rather than owning being a snake as well. What a prick!

It's okay. It feels a bit to me like an idea Lorde may have had but binned before she finished writing it.

The thing I hate most about it is that Richard Fairbrass is presumably making $$$ out of it.

Yes, but there's hit and HIT. I'm not taking how quickly it gets to #1 on iTunes as a huge indicator.

Where is the MELODY?

I am not a big fan really, but BLANK SPACE remains pop perfection, including the video

It's fucking SHIT.

I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now
Why?
Oh..
Cause she's dead!

:D

Having confidently predicted that Shake It Off would kill her career, I don't feel particularly qualified to make any calls on this song's commercial viability, but I don't really understand who it's supposed to be for.

Having confidently predicted that Shake It Off would kill her career, I don't feel particularly qualified to make any calls on this song's commercial viability, but I don't really understand who it's supposed to be for.

It sounds like a follow-up to Bad Blood, which was one of the bigger hits from the last album (in America at least) so I'm sure there IS a market for it. It's just not the one I was expecting straight out of the gate.

I actually liked it but for some reason have no desire to play it again. I think I've caught her pettiness.

Wow who knew Taylor was such an aggressive top? This is the sound of a woman driven to the edge. Unhappy with our offerings and sensing betrayal in Team Taylor, mother has taken away her traditionally melodious and hook-laden choruses and fed us some slop. But honestly unseasoned gruel has never tasted this good!

11/10 (and I hope the album doesn't even have a cover, and that the tracklisting is just this song twelve times, to really teach us a lesson)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom