So it looks like the S Club revival is really happening...

Okay yes it was cheap-ish and mimed-ish but I had a great time

Alive was a surprise highlight - whatever they've done to it has really made it a MOMENT :disco: And the S Club Party house remix at the end was another banger

They left the stage at one point while Paul 'sang' Good Times via video footage. Very nicely done I thought.

I was pissed off that they didn't do Say Goodbye. Also the album tracks they did were all the usual suspects, we don't need BRING THE HOUSE DOWN YET AGAIN. They could and should have been a lot more inventive with those choices.

The lack of live vocals was the biggest letdown. Rachel, you really can't manage to sing Natural while standing still? 🥴

But overall was lovely to the see them again, many of the singles are pop classics and there was SOME level of effort on show which I appreciated.

7.5/10

Last edited:
for more please refer to my detailed review on the latest episode of Things Gay People Like

Was Jo not live at least? Were they prerecorded live vocals at least?

(Saying “at least” like it makes it any better :D )

Was Jo not live at least? Were they prerecorded live vocals at least?

(Saying “at least” like it makes it any better :D )
I got the sense she was live for Never Had A Dream Come True and maybe another few bits here and there but she was mostly miming. And at the very end didn’t even being the mic to her mouth for her ad libs.

Yeah pre-records

Last edited:
And everyone needs to see the TINA STOMP

I like that it cut out before she started to sing. Probably for the best.

Sorry, NOPE! It was “Sweet Love” tonight again.
I really liked Sweet Love. Sure it was all covers but they sang live more than S Club did!

S Club were fine but 90% was mimed and Jo even dropped her mic at one point during her solo lines! I am glad I saw them but I wouldn’t rush back on seeing them ever again.

One of the unlikely highlights of the tour - ALIVE!

I love that they recreated the 'Jo's standing on a platform because she has a sore back' formation that they did on TV at the time

They really just threw Don't Stop Movin' out in the middle of the set and gave this one a MOMENT! Brilliant remix too :disco:

It has always been my favourite S Club 7 song - if it had come earlier in their career, I think it would be better thought of.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
They're meant to be starting the North American leg at the weekend, but it's quite poorly sold and none of them have said anything about it :eyes:

It has always been my favourite S Club 7 song - if it had come earlier in their career, I think it would be better thought of.
I've never really loved it but I think it's mainly because it was all just obviously fading away at the time. Would love to hear Paul's original lead vocal but given the theme of the song, possibly unlikely 🥴

Yes, it's quite difficult to separate Alive from the sense that everything was a bit tired, and they were merely going through the motions by that point.

Reactions: dUb
What there's a North American leg?! :D Where they playing? Disney Land car park?
Some tickets still available!

scca.PNG

I am AGOG that there is a North American leg - they're not JANET!

It’s all been postponed to February hasn’t it?

Yeah and at least one of the venues has been downsized

Looks like San Francisco is one of the cancelled rather than postponed ones, and that venue probably has a capacity of a couple of thousand.

I'm surprised they can make a North American tour work financially doing relatively few shows of that capacity, particularly if they aren't selling well.

It seemed very ambitious. They had one hit there (#10 - very good for them - but hardly a massive smash), I’d expect them to do the roadshow thing with other bands (I see BBMak did that over the summer for example). Doing their own shows is probably a bit of of reach for the US.

Hit singles or lack thereof aside, there is a generation of adults who watched their shows as kids over there

Well yes. But beyond one hit, I can see the logic in giving it a go

Is there a reason given for the postponements and cancellations? It seems quite late from an insurance point of view.

Is there a reason given for the postponements and cancellations? It seems quite late from an insurance point of view.
“an admin issue beyond our control” :eyes:

Well yes. But beyond one hit, I can see the logic in giving it a go

Id have thought down under would’ve been a better bet. The likes of the Vengaboys can still sell well there on tours, and S Club we’re very big musically there for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom