Perrie Edwards - Forget About Us

Better than Jesy and poor Leigh-Anne?

• Total voters
IMG_0672.jpeg

hopefully it'll do better than BOYZ

tbh I just want Little Mix to get back together, there aren't many girl groups around at the moment :(

She's obviously the most talented member of the group but I'm not sure she'll make a very compelling solo artiste.

She may be the most vocally gifted, but I don't think her voice is particularly pleasant. I think I'd struggle to listen to her solo.

I'd say she's very much the Claire to Jade's Faye.

She may be the most vocally gifted, but I don't think her voice is particularly pleasant. I think I'd struggle to listen to her solo.

I’d argue Jade is the most vocally gifted. Perrie has the strongest voice and broadest range, so would usually get the power notes and ad libs. She also has a voice that would work well for some genres but maybe not others.

Jade has a much more interesting voice. She can belt but she has a gorgeous tone and can be very soulful.

Perrie working with Loreen’s producer is possibly a smart move. She could do well with some power pop and dance pop.

She’s apparently had quite a ballad-heavy album in the can and ready to go for over a year, so news of an about-turn from that is very welcome.

She’s apparently had quite a ballad-heavy album in the can and ready to go for over a year, so news of an about-turn from that is very welcome.
Wow in her thinking people want ballads from her.

Do we think there's anything left in the gas tank for Leigh-Ann's solo career?

My Love is on 13m now, compared to 15m for Don't Say Love, which isn't too bad of a drop-off, but it's clear that neither of them particularly took off.

I’m honestly surprised the streams are even that high

Jesy’s ‘Bad Thing’ on a dizzying 1.3 million

I imagine a significant number of those My Love streams come from the fact it features Ayra Starr, rather than people actively seeking out Leigh-Anne.

Leigh-Anne has all the tools to be a pop star in 2024, she just doesn’t have the songs. Both of those songs were cynically written to tick every trend box, and yet they lack any punch whatsoever. She needed to launch her solo career with a big bang and it was like they were throwing a lot of money at pleasant, middling album tracks.

there's another new one coming quite soon from Leigh-Anne... also with love in the title :D 10m+ is nothing to sniff at, they just need to put an album out and send her on tour.

I don't see any of them having any sustained mainstream success, to a degree close to that of Little Mix at least.

Jade included. They've felt compelling as individuals. Jesy is perhaps the most interest albeit for not the positive reasons.

Even if Leigh-Anne's songs had been bigger hits, I feel like it would have been more on the strength of the songs than any great interest in her personally. Her voice is so indistinct.

Reactions: dUb
I just know this is going to be the most boring collection of songs ever committed to record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom