Kate Middleton receiving treatment for cancer

Kratz

Τα, τα, τα, τα, τα, τα
She has cancer and is having chemotherapy

The tiktoks about the BBC announcement were TRUE!?

Anyway, this could have happened two weeks ago and none of this circus would have happened. They literally had the King's example to follow.

The tiktoks about the BBC announcement were TRUE!?

Anyway, this could have happened two weeks ago and none of this circus would have happened. They literally had the King's example to follow.
Who gives a shit. She’s a woman, a wife and a mother fighting cancer and has a right to privacy and to choose what she discloses and when.

1000055304.png

The phrase that was missing from the King's announcement, curiously

Your lack of empathy is tragic. I feel sorry for you.
You can empathise with her situation while also being rational about the fact she shouldnt expect the privacy of a normal citizen because shes an ACTUAL FUCKING PRINCESS WITH BILLIONS OF PUBLIC MONEY AT HER BEHEST

It was inevitable that this would end up being something much more sad than funny, but if the goal was to protect the children from a media storm (and I don't doubt that it was) they unfortunately could not have made a bigger hash of it.

I guess it's a cautionary tale of how hard it is to navigate life as a public figure in the social media age. 15 years ago, the approach they've taken probably would have gone exactly as intended.

Perhaps the sad news should be split into a separate thread.

Your lack of empathy is tragic. I feel sorry for you.
You're entitled to a different view than me but to say it's a character flaw to comment on a) the terrible handling by her Comms team that should have worked harder for her given the circumstances and b) recognising that the future queen in a system where they literally are our supposed betters comes at a cost to privacy, is going a bit far.

You can empathise with her situation while also being rational about the fact she shouldnt expect the privacy of a normal citizen because shes an ACTUAL FUCKING PRINCESS WITH BILLIONS OF PUBLIC MONEY AT HER BEHEST
Actually, no, she doesn’t. She’s a human being. When it comes to her health and her body autonomy she doesn’t have to do a single thing you say.

Poor Kate :(
Glad she seems quite optimistic 😌 in spite of the cancer diagnosis, and of course finally making an actual appearance, in time for the Easter holidays.

Poor evil Kate.

Also rough for William, his wife and father both with cancer.

Moopy is just a magnet for ghouls. Almost 60 viewing.

Actually, no, she doesn’t. She’s a human being. When it comes to her health and her body autonomy she doesn’t have to do a single thing you say.
If it was any other person in the public eye I would agree with you, but as an unelected royal you chose to forfeit any degree of privacy seeing as you inherit vast, unelected and quite frankly unearned public wealth. You cant pick and choose.

Last edited:
I did say that we needed to be ready to feel like the worst people on earth - I also said it was cancer, despite the denials.

Personally, I’d regard the public’s right to know about Kate’s health as being on a similar level to a senior politician. If the Prime Minister were ever to be diagnosed with cancer, I would expect at least that fact to be announced as soon as reasonably practicable and any attempt to actively cover the news up to go down very poorly indeed.

Even I, as an ardent republican, don’t agree that being a royal means you need to reveal health diagnoses to the public. That’s just a basic human right.

What I do disagree with is the nonsense way this has all been handled and trying to pull the wool over the public’s eyes. THAT is the issue. If it were any other job, that’s a gross misconduct ruling right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom