Ireland 2024: Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue

As I lay on the couch enjoying the recorded version of this, HSH walked past without even looking at me and went “very Ariel Burdett”

60A1FEB3-2897-4189-A37A-6EA39BC70734.jpeg

She's obviously a Eurovision and cultural icon, even if the song sounds like 9/11 in every conceivable way.

For me, genuinely appalling is reserved for a song like the second-placer:

Very much the antithesis of the winner - boring, uninspired, calculating. Thank GOD we dodged that bullet!
Indeed, a total void of personality and soul.
Of this uninspired bunch the bricklayer actually exudes some semblance charisma, the others should already consider exploring alternative employment options.

I wonder how the lads felt when the panel went in for their hatchet job on them.

Last edited:
There's a world where this wins but I suspect the most likely outcome is a top 10 televote and god knows what from the juries.

Couldn't get through the first airing of this, but tbh playing it for the in-laws probably wasn't the BEST method for the first listen-party.

I'm all for the fact that they're clearly an ICON and the MOMENT and I love a bit of noize given the right circumstances but can someone please explain why the live perf seems to actually have no music or singing please? I genuinely thought it was one of those YouTubes where the music's been removed for copyright reasons.

If only I'd read that 36 years ago when I failed my Art O-Level :(

They are going to be slowly hoisted by their own petard if they dismiss criticism of the (awful) song as bigotry against themselves or the venerable HAUS.

They are going to be slowly hoisted by their own petard if they dismiss criticism of the (awful) song as bigotry against themselves or the venerable HAUS.

Sending you the warm gold energy of KINDNESS.

Not everyone can CONJURE UP songs without hooks and melodies out of thin air and package it as ART.

k8KJB6.gif

If you have 42 minutes to spare he does explain it all here. I enjoy these videos, geeky as hell but I’ve never claimed to be above that.

If you have 42 minutes to spare he does explain it all here. I enjoy these videos, geeky as hell but I’ve never claimed to be above that.

He’s one of the worst of these YouTube reactors so I probably couldn’t last 42 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom