Ireland 2024: Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue

Well they can’t do much worse than this year surely…

Surprised that RTE aren't taking it internal now. In the last couple of years alone, I'm sure the calibre of artist willing to step forward for an internal selection has improved since Nicky Byrne.

Surely there’s nothing wrong with inviting submissions :D

I saw somewhere that it doesn’t specifically mention The Late Late Show so maybe there is a different approach incoming

I saw somewhere that it doesn’t specifically mention The Late Late Show so maybe there is a different approach incoming
Sure, but the vagueness of said statement just screams "business as usual" and no definite plans on how to turn things around.

One would think that RTÉ would like to raise the quality and thus signal some kind of renewed effort at an early stage. Credible songwriters and artists would want to record most material during the summer.

Their stuff on Spotify doesn't do much for me, but I'd be 100% here for a Gaelic banger if it's done right.

Erica Cody has also submitted a song and Irish fans seem quite excited about the prospect

Reactions: VoR
Is she much of a name? Her streams are very low. The folk/trad group actually appear to have a decent following.

I hadn’t heard of her personally but some Irish fans seems to have - probably popular on the online contests rather than in the real world :D

An Irish fan site has done an interview with the head of delegation and it basically confirms how little time/interest/money they have for it. He basically confirms the NF will be part of a Late Late Show again, and also mentions how he's too busy with his other projects to do things like have an official RTÉ Eurovision social media account (which must make Ireland almost the only country not to have one?). He also says that they receive songs in Irish every year but songs in Irish aren't commercial and so wouldn't work at Eurovision :eyes:

An Irish fan site has done an interview with the head of delegation and it basically confirms how little time/interest/money they have for it. He basically confirms the NF will be part of a Late Late Show again, and also mentions how he's too busy with his other projects to do things like have an official RTÉ Eurovision social media account (which must make Ireland almost the only country not to have one?). He also says that they receive songs in Irish every year but songs in Irish aren't commercial and so wouldn't work at Eurovision :eyes:

HANG ON

They sent an entry in Irish to JESC and finished Top 5. What a hopeless delegation. Really feel for the Irish fans.

HANG ON

They sent an entry in Irish to JESC and finished Top 5. What a hopeless delegation. Really feel for the Irish fans.
They send an Irish language one every year because their JESC entrance is sponsored by an Irish language broadcasting company.

However, YES, it's a clear indication of how a good Irish ditty SHOULD be done and it's baffling how they just ignore it.

Rumours of there being a Louis Walsh boyband in the lineup - his latest project is literally called Next In Line :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
IMG_5054.gif

That article is from September... BUT I'd be surprised if she isn't in the final lineup.

Double your punishment on Wednesday!

I really hope I am wrong. An Irish renaissance would be amazing.

I swear we have seen that boyband on Moopy before?

Edit: yes we have! Nothing says effort like a two year old promo shot

I worry for the alignment of his cervical spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom