Harry Styles - Harry's House (May 20th)

original.gif

:love:

The shirt is ugly but I don’t care when his arms and shoulders look so good

ready for new music but I may have to completely detach from the awful gaybaiting visual side of things. it's very TIRING at this point.

It is unusual though, I mean if he is non binary or fluid he hasn't stated anything. Some people expect you to embrace and announce who you are, others expect you to not make a big deal out of it. I guess it's part of being so famous - people will always speculate until you confirm. It's human nature unfortunately.

I personally don't like his fashion stylings but I embrace his originality and give no fucks attitude.

I think the idea that he maybe likes to wear a frock from time to time must be ‘gay baiting’ is quite shit to be honest.

Even if it is for publicity, he’s not making any claims about himself. As far as I can tell he’s just… wearing clothes?

I think the idea that he maybe likes to wear a frock from time to time must be ‘gay baiting’ is quite shit to be honest.

Even if it is for publicity, he’s not making any claims about himself. As far as I can tell he’s just… wearing clothes?
FROM TIME TO TIME?

IT'S ALL HE DOES. it's so evidently calculated to generate a BLITZ of positive PR (WHICH IT ALWAYS DOES) about how TRAILBLAZING and BRAVE he is. I find it shocking that you can't see through that!

Agreed. The PopJustice thread is very unpleasant.

NO he's not making any claims about himself but he's CASHING IN on a massive amount of goodwill generated by wearing women's clothes for magazine shoots, album covers, videos etc. he literally made that his persona overnight. is it offensive? no. but it's fucking annoying... and rather transparent, wouldn't you say?

FROM TIME TO TIME?

IT'S ALL HE DOES. it's so evidently calculated to generate a BLITZ of positive PR (WHICH IT ALWAYS DOES) about how TRAILBLAZING and BRAVE he is. I find it shocking that you can't see through that!
But why can't we just enjoy it?

I'm hardly the most educated on this next generation of gender / sexual fluidity but I honestly never got any vibe of it being premeditated either. I mean I might be NAIVE. He just seems to like what he likes.

I have to say, I don't know A LOT about him, but hasn't he been very vocal about LGBTQ+ and gender non-conformity and trans rights and all that sort of thing? Have I missed something or shouldn't we be applauding him rather than claiming it's ALL FOR LIKES?

God I hate our society sometimes...

I have to say, I don't know A LOT about him, but hasn't he been very vocal about LGBTQ+ and gender non-conformity and trans rights and all that sort of thing? Have I missed something or shouldn't we be applauding him rather than claiming it's ALL FOR LIKES?

This. Particularly because he is coming from One Direction fame and it's not like this lewk was a natural sell to that contingent anyway.

FROM TIME TO TIME?

:wownic:

I mean, he's done it so often that it doesn't really get many writeups about how 'TRAILBLAZING' and 'BRAVE' he is anymore? Most people seem pretty plainly aware by this point that that's just how he DOES

Am I sprinkling in nuggets of sexual ambiguity to try and be more interesting? No. ... In terms of how I wanna dress, and what the album sleeve's gonna be, I tend to make decisions in terms of collaborators I want to work with. I want things to look a certain way. Not because it makes me look gay, or it makes me look straight, or it makes me look bisexual, but because I think it looks cool.

I kinda see where Jark is coming from in that it feels unauthentic? But, get money sis.
Harry is RARELY papped, and when he is, he's usually wearing gym clothes, ripped jeans, or knitwear. Sure, he might wear the quirky sunglasses sometimes or wear nail polish "just for fun" though I've always thought it was obvious the non-gender styling has been a major PR key point to his brand. As long as the music is good he could wear a trash bag for all I care since he's never done anything for me :sad:

I kinda see where Jark is coming from in that it feels unauthentic? But, get money sis.
Harry is RARELY papped, and when he is, he's usually wearing gym clothes, ripped jeans, or knitwear. Sure, he might wear the quirky sunglasses sometimes or wear nail polish "just for fun" though I've always thought it was obvious the non-gender styling has been a major PR key point to his brand. As long as the music is good he could wear a trash bag for all I care since he's never done anything for me :sad:
idk, I feel like my day to day gym clothes/jeans or whatever are a lot more boring/masculine than the clothes I go out in or would wear if I was in a music video or concert

My opinion on queer baiting is usually that it only bothers me if the artist isn't actually advocating for equal rights and doing the work

no, he actually hasn't been that outspoken about any of that stuff.

Did our pop stars not always used to dress up for photos, gigs etc? I know Britpop killed glamour and made wandering on in yr jeans and a cardy "authentic" but I don't get the fuss here at all. Photographers and stylists (no pun intended) adore him and he's clearly comfortable in himself. Like I said before, it reminds me of Bowie who didn't exactly pop down to Spar in a spangly jumpsuit and platform boots.

He's certainly not doing a very good job of baiting this queer with his Fleetwood Mac in California ways. Also, I have no interest in him physically so yeah, whatever really

However, if he wants to upcycle a Tiny Tears frock and a pair of flares from Oxfam and give us LOBODA in Chișinău sounds on the next album, I'M IN :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom