Florrie is finally releasing a proper album

FetchFugly

Pregnant
(I don't think this compilation thing counts)

1000000851.png

Out 14th June.

1. The Lost Ones
2. Never Far from Paradise
3. Kissing In The Cold
4. Personal
5. Honeymoons Over
6. Looking For Love
7. If It's Been A Hard Night
8. Bad Movie
9. Love Hearts
10. I Took A Little Something (2024 version)
11. Get You Back
12. Jealous

I hope they haven't done anything too radical with I Took A Little Something. I do suspect the very old songs may end up being the best here, but I am looking forward to hearing the album.

The budget appears to be limited, but baby Florrie on the drums is very sweet:

Also supporting Girls Aloud in London. Hoping for some vintage selections.

This news has got me looking through the classic Florrie EPs (and the strays not included on those EPs). Get You Good is fine, but a bit of a random choice of all the songs to revive.

This however is a right banger, much better than the main version:

I took a little something is possibly one of the best songs ever so she better not have ruined it

She seems quite lovely so I’m glad this is coming out.

Experimenting With Rugs, Left Too Late (Florrie Edit) and Little White Lies would be my three Florrie faves.

Her discography was an embarrassment of riches but she lost me with all the singles she's been releasing for the past few years. And Brian Higgins is still involved so not sure what happened.

Her discography was an embarrassment of riches but she lost me with all the singles she's been releasing for the past few years. And Brian Higgins is still involved so not sure what happened.

I guess Unperfect and CuteBad got all the hits :(

I keep reading this as 'Friday is releasing a proper album' and thinking its yesterdays daily thread.

I Took…is still a triumph, as is a lot of her stuff, so very much here for this.

I was listening to her old stuff this morning. It really was ALL KILLER up to and including the Late EP. Much more uneven after that but still some gems.

Definitely the pick of Sirens:

I'm a slightly new (since lockdownish) Florrie convert, so this is pleasing. I wouldn't mind a proper mop up of all the GEMS and DIAMONDS but this is a start. And while we're all fangirling and dropping our faves may I add this one we haven't had yet?

It’s strange how little actually released material she has, considering she has been around forever. Her archives must be stacked.

Listened to some of her back cat today. She really has such an ear for good pop and even much of her earlier stuff still sounds great!

The Lost Ones is brilliant, so I’m looking forward to the album. I see she just moved to LA or somewhere in the States which is interesting move for her.

A rather simple video:

Absolutely love this. Gorgeous and wistful but full of hooks in the classic Florrie/Xenomania style.

Washed over me a bit, but it’s on in the background. Added to my list so hopefully it grows.

I still am loving the previous anyhoo.

So I guess she's not releasing 2024 mixes of Shot You Down or Summer Nights (her best songs)? :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom