Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
An unofficial 10,000 minimum.

I wonder if every Reach plc local newspaper website has a similar article for other obscure counties.

Will Eurovision be coming to Rutland?

As London born and centric as I am I am so for events like this being out of London.

I guess Glasgow is the front runner here

our public transportation is fucking awful and it’s not a tourism city. I mean it has stuff but hosting Eurovision is always like a city being occupied and enjoyed. I just don’t get what people would do
It looks quite compact though, would the transportation be much of a problem? And as for the tourism city thing, was Millstreet a tourist destination?
MK is between Oxford and Cambridge and not that far from London either if people want to get touristy and go some place other than the Euroclub and the Press center.
The indoor arena is even smaller than Millstreet's though. But didn't Denmark host it outdoors anyway? Is it official that it has to be indoors nowadays?

MK is convenient for lots of places, except places inside MK. The buses are shit (not limited to MK but still) and that’s basically all the public transportation.

It’s quite spread out really, there’s a lot of green space

I would be surprised if it was MK but who knows :D

Glasgow (not least because they seem to have done by far the best PR) and Manchester seem to be the most likely options but suspect London and maybe Leeds cannot be entirely ruled out.

That’s if it is even coming to the UK

Looking forward to our gracious hosts Nadine (Dorries) and Nuhdeen (Coyle).

It looks quite compact though, would the transportation be much of a problem? And as for the tourism city thing, was Millstreet a tourist destination?
MK is between Oxford and Cambridge and not that far from London either if people want to get touristy and go some place other than the Euroclub and the Press center.
The indoor arena is even smaller than Millstreet's though. But didn't Denmark host it outdoors anyway? Is it official that it has to be indoors nowadays?
Copenhagen was indoors in a venue which was quite a way from the centre of the city by boat.

Germany talked about doing an outdoors one at Tempelhof Airport which would have been amazing - I don't think it got close though.

I mean I suppose Milton Keynes COULD pull it off but why would you when pretty much EVERY OTHER candidate city so far is so much better :D

Okay maybe not Wolverhampton

I mean I suppose Milton Keynes COULD pull it off but why would you when pretty much EVERY OTHER candidate city so far is so much better :D
I'm not convinced the Bristol bid is any better. Quite apart from the venue not being built yet, it's got crap transport links into Bristol (as it isn't actually IN Bristol) and is currently just a huge housing development.

Sadly, I think it's just a vanity project for the mayor (the guy in video), who has pissed people off so much that a few months the electorate voted to abolish his position, but who will be remaining in position to serve out the term.

And one of the things he's been most criticised for was changing the location of the arena from a very central one (right next to the rail station) to a location outside of the city into a neighbouring council, amid claims that he chose the out of town site (thereby delaying the arena 3 years) after accepting hospitality from the land's owners.

I'm not sure what infrastructure is needed around the venue, but even if they manage to provide it, it will be in an utterly sterile environment, some distance and poorly connected to great stuff that the city proper has to offer.

Last edited:
Kamala Harris Veep GIF by Election 2020

Fucking hell, it's too much.

Obviously my preference is London but Manchester or Glasgow are both FINE.

I'm sure people will be glad of the "Ukrainian elements" that will be featured in the show and I'm glad that they've got UA:PBC on board to take care of those, but I can't wait for the inevitable clashes between the two broadcasters when it comes to how much is actually going to be shoehorned in.

I'm sure people will be glad of the "Ukrainian elements" that will be featured in the show and I'm glad that they've got UA:PBC on board to take care of those, but I can't wait for the inevitable clashes between the two broadcasters when it comes to how much is actually going to be shoehorned in.
A shared logo and Sam Ryder will perform a Shady Lady/Be My Valentine/Show Me Your Love/1944 medley.

Graham Norton is a guaranteed host right?

Who else?

Hope our next PM In Liz We Truss attends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom