Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
I kind of hope for a celebration of Ukrainian winners rather than UK winners.

Partly because it was Ukraine that won, but mainly because of L*lu

I bloody don't. But yes I guess that fits

I kind of hope for a celebration of Ukrainian winners rather than UK winners.

Partly because it was Ukraine that won, but mainly because of L*lu
All THREE of them - two of whom have already thrown their toys out of the pram about UK hosting. Nah.

I'd quite like British acts taking on Ukrainian songs or vice versa.

R SAM doing Dancing Lasha Tumbai, Jamala having a pop at Boom Bang A Bang and the Kalush Orchestra having something to suck on for landing.

Ok well how about some bollocks like Tel Aviv with former winners/ fan favourites performing Ukrainian HOT HITZ

Chanel doing Shady Lady :o

Oh has Jamala thrown a strop about something because she wants to sabotage the contest? What a refreshing change of pace for her.
Not this time - it’s Ruslana AND the Orchestra

“The Ukrainians won it fair and square, even though we had a brilliant entry, and they should be given the chance to host it,” he said.
“It’s a year away. It’s going to be fine by the time the Eurovision Song Contest comes around and I hope they get it.”

Utterly clueless, but then why would you expect anything less?

Utterly clueless, but then why would you expect anything less?
He’s pathetic and the culture ministry in Ukraine is barely any better at this stage. There’s fronting it out and then there’s having a complete lack of perspective.

Particularly given that if Ukraine won’t accept the inevitable with something like good grace, it’s going to make other countries much more reluctant to take it on, thereby jeopardising the whole contest.

That Ukrainian demand of having "a year without thousands of attendees" is so self centred it's astonishing. "Yeah, to defend democracy, our view is the EBU should have a year where it runs the contest at a massive loss"
Indeed. It’s selfish and hugely unedifying - one might think a country at war has greater things to be occupied with. I am a little concerned that the EBU, the contest, and even the BBC are unable to win in this scenario if the Ukrainians don’t find some pragmatism fast.

Last edited:
I mean this IS one day after they have been told they aren't holding it. I think I can cut them some slack.

I mean this IS one day after they have been told they aren't holding it. I think I can cut them some slack.
Sure but I kind of assumed the initial statement they intended to host was just PR. I am slightly agog they ever thought it was actually feasible.

Even if Russia pulled out today, it would be hard to make a case for hosting it in Ukraine. It would be amazing to hold it there, but it's just not going to happen with the way things are.

It would be a nice gesture for a winning country to offer it to Ukraine once peace and stability has resumed.

Making a lot of noise around "If we win next year, we'll hand it back to Ukraine!" would be a shamelessly cynical but potentially effective way for the UK to boost their chances while also preventing the risk of hosting twice. :D

I see Sheffield also intends to bid :disco:

Euroclub at Dempsey’s anyone?

We now have ODDS! :D
1F7F9058-E7EF-4238-92A3-949091F91D56.png

Sheffield 2% :disco:
Notts 2% :disco::disco:
Leicester 1% :disco::disco::disco:

Reactions: D5K
They seem to have forgotten to issue odds for 'There will be no Eurovision 2023'. :(

Making a lot of noise around "If we win next year, we'll hand it back to Ukraine!" would be a shamelessly cynical but potentially effective way for the UK to boost their chances while also preventing the risk of hosting twice. :D
I mean, there are worse ideas!

A fair bit of money to potentially be made on Manchester there!
I’m quite AGOG they’re less likely than both Birmingham and London at the minute! Birmingham hosted last time (albeit twenty odd years ago!) and as if it’d end up in London. I might pop on a tenner :disco:

London being high up just feels so contrary to how the BBC does these things. I feel like it'd genuinely only end up there if the government insisted on it, and there's far more likelihood of them insisting on something like Glasgow...

Honestly who’d have thought a year ago after JAMES AND HIS POLYSTYRENE TRUMPETS that we’d be genuinely discussing which UK city would host Eurovision 2023 after we finished second?!?!

Deeply annoying how London gets ruled out because the BBC has to care about the north these days :evil:

There's nowhere more perfect for Eurovision. It's got the best infrastructure and the most gays.

I am a bit miffed about London inevitably not getting a look in as well, although I suppose you could make the argument from an event perspective that it might get a little bit lost here.

Yeah, I think I'd always rather Eurovision somewhere where the whole city would get into it. There's so much going on at any one given time in London that I can see it just sinking a bit without trace there - which is part of what makes London great, but wouldn't really make a Eurovision there great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom