Eternal Reunion Tour SCRAPPED (Cause: TERFism)

Actually two TERFs but the pun was already laboured enough as is.

Eternal? More like a-TERF-nal.
'Louise and Kelle were stunned and pulled out immediately - Louise's fan base is 98 percent gay men.'

Loving these stats.

Vernie Bennett really is a devil. I am sure Easther had no say in the decision.

That’s so depressing but completely believable

Vernie's likes on Twitter are rather o_O O_o o.O O.o

"They said they can’t support the LGBTQ community now it has an alliance with the trans community, a stance Vernie in particular has been public about on socials."

What did the daft wanker think the T stood for? :D That could be the journalist, however...

Not so easy V isn't a surprise, but Esther to be sentenced to a lifetime of people yelling "my lord you don't!" whenever she's seen entering and leaving her salon Talons 4 Terfs.

I have exactly no time for people who frame their bigotry as adherence to religion. Oh, you're a Christian? Can you find me the bit where Christ condemned gays/trans people? "Well, may I quote Leviticus?". No, you may not quote the one mistranslated line from what is essentially a set of health and safety guidelines that you think backs you up because that's in the Old Testament. You claim to be a Christian which means you're an adherent of Jesus Christ. So, I'll ask you again - where is it because Jesus was actually very 'love thy neighbour'. "Leviticus! Chapte...." oh, piss off.

I think we have to lump Easther in with Vernie unless we hear otherwise, but the contrast between the Bennetts (with their undoubted talent) to Louise (and, to be fair, Kelle) who has booked work on a regular basis for 30 years is telling when it comes to attitude.

Louise’s ‘never complain / explain’ approach to her time in Eternal is admirable but it seems clear that Vernie at the very least is a cunt as well as a thick bigot.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of people are really stretching to find a way to excuse Easther, but ultimately they could have toured without Vernie. I know family ties are complicated but at the end of the day she’s made her bed. She stood by Vernie when Louise and Kelle were bullied out of the band in the 90s and she's standing by her now. I find it hard to feel any sympathy for her.

Last edited:
I can understand people being misguided or ignorant about trans rights, god knows there's enough of it about, but to take a political stance on it by refusing to take part in organisations that support trans rights (as though that is political in itself; it's not, it's just having a moral code) suggests that they have quite a dark take on the whole matter. It suggests that these people feel the need to take a side. It suggests that they are pro-actively against the protection and support of people who are marginalised and abused.

I'm struggling to see what's CHRISTIAN about that :manson:

As someone raised Catholic, it doesn't surprise me. The hypocrisy is real.

Overwhelmingly positive responses so far, although inevitably the terf brigade are starting to creep into her mentions.

The first negative reply I saw was

”Who are you to preach morality when you walked away from your family?”

FEMINISM! :DAF:

She got divorced! She's very much in the lives of her adolescent children. Not that she needs to explain ANY of that.

Anyway, I'm pleased Louise has acknowledged it. Has Kelle yet? In a way I hope she doesn't, because then she might have to acknowledge it on Loose Women, and I daren't dare to think how that discussion may go.

I’m now glad I made that drunk online purchase of Louise’s deluxe greatest hits. Might even play it.

Yeah a lot of people are really stretching to find a way to excuse Easther, but ultimately they could have toured without Vernie. I know family ties are complicated but at the end of the day she’s made her bed. She stood by Vernie when Louise and Kelle were bullied out of the band in the 90s and she's standing by her now. I find it hard to feel any sympathy for her.
She tweeted that Vernie is everything she aspires to be in life.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom