Delta Goodrem - Back to your Heart

It's such a late 80s pop heavy hitter, what's not to like, really. Very Roxette, actually.

Oh it is very Roxette, I hadn't made that connection. There is a bit of I'll Be Your Shelter by Taylor Dayne in there too.

Above Taylor Swift as she should be

Is anybody going to her London gig? NOT TAYLOR

I potentially am although I’ve got a race from Stansted Airport to get there that same evening.

I was looking at the downloads chart before and didn't remember seeing Deltra Goodrem, so I've gone back to check and Deltra Goodrem is not anywhere to be seen. Lizzo is in both of those aforementioned spots.

What kind of FUCKERY is going on here?

What were Sony thinking not releasing In This Life, Wings etc here...
I think they pulled back on her extensively, internationally, when ‘Mistaken Identity’ flopped in the UK - I don’t think the label saw that coming at all, but she should have been given the benefit of a third full UK campaign. ‘Innocent Eyes’ was massive so it was hardly completely lost for her.

And ‘In The Life’ / ‘Believe Again’ both sounded like big fat hits.

I loved how open and honest she was on Mistaken Identity, and was sad when she then said she'd never be honest in her lyrics again after it flopped :(

Last edited:
It has to be said, the key change in this is such a *chef's kiss* moment. :disco:

I think they pulled back on her extensively, internationally, when ‘Mistaken Identity’ flopped in the UK - I don’t think the label saw that coming at all, but she should have been given the benefit of a third full UK campaign. ‘Innocent Eyes’ was massive so it was hardly completely lost for her.

And ‘In The Life’ / ‘Believe Again’ both sounded like big fat hits.

I think Lucie Silvas' label were smart in releasing 'What You're Made Of' a month before Delta released 'Out Of The Blue' because it did seem to pull focus (perish the thought that TWO piano-pop songs should get airplay at the same time).

Even though 'Mistaken Identity' underperformed, the bigger issue was surely the fallout from Kerry Katona and Brian McFadden's separation. The press chose their side, and Delta Goodrem was the "other woman". It would have been incredibly difficult to get anywhere. 'Believe Again' was probably the best chance at a relaunch, but I think even in 2007, Kerry Katona still hadn't done that disastrous This Morning interview when the tide started to turn.

Condense the last 30 seconds and this would make for a tremendous Australian ESC entry.

In This Life and Wings are both bloody phenomenal and despite all the issues, to not give them a UK attempt at the time is baffling.

Going to the Munich one. Applicable to Delta (400 people venue) and Taylor (40,000 people venue). 🙃

Going to the Munich one. Applicable to Delta (400 people venue) and Taylor (40,000 people venue). 🙃
I am confident of which one you will have a better time at

Even though 'Mistaken Identity' underperformed, the bigger issue was surely the fallout from Kerry Katona and Brian McFadden's separation. The press chose their side, and Delta Goodrem was the "other woman".
I did admire her bravery tonight for coming out in a red PVC dress and singing Almost Here.

Sounds like she's really going hook, line and sinker for the 80s pop guitar sound listening to "Hearts On The Run", which seems very Pat Benatar. Good, it suits her.

I am confident of which one you will have a better time at

Yes, very very good time, indeed. Seriously one of the smallest venues I've been to in forever but all the better for it. :disco:

Hope a full album ain’t too far off given these two have been so good

I think this is the first Delta song I've really enjoyed since Back in 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom