3. Touch of My Hand
4. Early Mornin' (remix)
5. Perfect Lover
6. And Then We Kiss
7. Inside Out
8. Alien
9. Criminal
10. Get Back

If you're looking for a particular Britney era to explore and browse, I would start with "I'm A Slave 4 U" and maybe finish somewhere around "I'm A Slave 4 U"

YaJCF3m.gif

Michelle Williams will be narrating the audiobook and Britney's going to record an introduction which will be a nice touch

This just reinforces that Justin is scum. Him publicly bragging about taking her virginity post-break up knowing he pushed her to have an abortion makes his behavior all the more appalling.

I’m sorry but how is Justin “scum” for this. There’s no narrative she was forced or coerced, he said he wasn’t ready and she went with it. She has ultimate control over her body (or did at that point- conservatorship aside) and everyone complains about her not being allowed to make her own decisions but then this is one she ultimately had control over. If it had gone the other way, she'd have been (rightly) heralded as it being "her body, her right", no? She even says "it wasn't a tragedy". They made a decision, like millions of other couples do. Whether Justin is scum or not overall, is obviously a different matter but I don’t see how him saying “I’m too young” having an influence on a couple making a decision ultimately makes him “scum” or follows this current media narrative.

Unless, of course, we are now saying abortion itself is a bad thing? :side-eye:

Last edited:
it's not so much about the abortion itself as much as it is about him writing CRY ME A RIVER after that traumatic experience and using their sex life to promote his solo career on radio shows after the break-up while she was weeping in silence. it's devastating to realize that Everytime was not about JT but about the baby.

Based on "It was a surprise for me, but it wasn't a tragedy", how is that "weeping in silence"?

I do feel like I'm super defending Justin here and I'm not- in fairness, he could very well be the cunt he's been portrayed and LET'S FACE IT, there's been some CUNTY BEHAVIOUR, but I just don't think "JUSTIN KILLED DED BABYZ WHILST BRITNEE CRYS" is fair in the slightest based on that (minute) excerpt!

I hadn't seen that angle at all from that, but ok, I take the point.

But STILL, my point remains.

I’m sorry but how is Justin “scum” for this. There’s no narrative she was forced or coerced, he said he wasn’t ready and she went with it. She has ultimate control over her body (or did at that point- conservatorship aside) and everyone complains about her not being allowed to make her own decisions but then this is one she ultimately had control over. If it had gone the other way, she'd have been (rightly) heralded as it being "her body, her right", no? She even says "it wasn't a tragedy". They made a decision, like millions of other couples do. Whether Justin is scum or not overall, is obviously a different matter but I don’t see how him saying “I’m too young” having an influence on a couple making a decision ultimately makes him “scum” or follows this current media narrative.

Unless, of course, we are now saying abortion itself is a bad thing? :side-eye:
Not judging Timberlake, or anyone, for opting for an abortion, especially at 19. But she says in the excerpt that the abortion wasn’t a joint decision and that he encouraged her to do it. That and him bragging about taking her virginity after the fact publicly makes him SCUM and I STAND BY IT.

I’ve never seen that soundtrack before and it’s not bad. That Nikka Costa song (and the album it’s from) is all kinds of amazing.

Reminder that you get a free credit when you start (and immediately cancel) an Audible trial!

It's nice to hear her at the beginning but I couldn't listen to a full book of her odd emphasis

Michelle is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom