Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

• DUP

• Ulster Unionist

• Total voters
Hoping and praying Rees Mogg loses his seat. That's the jackpot, that's the Portillo moment, that's the money shot.

This is it for me. I am buying a crate of champagne and I’ll open one every time someone on my bingo card gets binned. Suella and Rees Mogg are top of the pile

- Rees-Mogg will go
- Don’t be surprised if Braverman does also - it’s a new seat and prime LD counter-attack territory but on balance she should just about hold it
- Francois and Patel will hold on
- Truss is an interesting one. There’s a third party candidate emerging. There could be unique circumstances there.
- Badenoch will hold Saffron Walden
- Despite what has been written I would be astonished if Sunak loses in Richmond and Northallerton but he could have a recount. If the Tories go down in North Yorkshire it will truly be their end of days.
- Suspect Hunt and Gove will both go
- IDS is gone gone in Chingford. Tories may lose almost everything in London including Cities of London and Westminster, Kensington, and Chelsea and Fulham (some of these seats are being re-drawn significantly anyway as London gains extra districts)
- Morduant is gone in Portsmouth North

Any I forgot?

Last edited:
- Rees-Mogg will go
- Don’t be surprised if Braverman does also - it’s a new seat and prime LD counter-attack territory but on balance she should just about hold it
- Truss is an interesting one. There’s a third party candidate emerging. There could be unique circumstances there.
- Despite what has been written I would be astonished in Sunak loses in Richmond and Northallerton
- IDS is gone gone on Chingford. Tories may lose almost everything in London including, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Fulham

Any I forgot?

I need to organise an election party. This is too much.

More:

- Shapps is gone in Welwyn Hatfield
- The dreadful Simon Clarke should be out comfortably in Middlesbrough South
- Theresa Villiers gone gone in Chipping Barnet

Suspect the LDs will fancy their chances of snatching Maidenhead now Theresa May isn’t standing

I want the country UNITED on getting Braverman out with whatever counter attack works

Like can I find a distant relative who lives there so that I can vote there or should I just move there to be sure

Maybe we can all go down to the Braverman campaign in a minibus with placards

‘Lulu says BACK SUELLA’
‘Vote Shirley Clamp!’
‘Do YOU want a Pumpkin on YOUR doorstep?! Suella does!’

I'll be happy if we can lose "Brexit Hardman" Steve Baker and the faeces-hurling ape Jonathan Gullis.

Also Andrea Jenkyns likely out in Morley

Danny Kruger gone would be nice, although I suspect it’s a long shot.

Am I right that the candidates are told in advance of the onstage vote announcement?

Annoying if so, I want to spend the night watching Tories reacting to their careers ending in real time.

I can see Mogg standing down before the election. The idea of having to fight for a seat by actually doing any work would be completely beneath him.

Am I right that the candidates are told in advance of the onstage vote announcement?
Yes, or at very least their agents are aware. It will always be best to front it out rather than looking embittered or even refusing to appear. For as iconic as Portillo losing Enfield was in 1997, he took it with dignity.

Can I get a status check on 'Ben Bradley MP' pls? I long to see his heart broken on live TV

Can I get a status check on 'Ben Bradley MP' pls? I long to see his heart broken on live TV
He's the Conservative candidate for East Midlands Mayor on 2nd May. If he wins he will step down as an MP at the election.

Oh no! That sounds like a reputable get out strategy :evil:

I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM

Also +1 to Miriam Cates - her politics is absolutely the type we must flatten.

I can accept an intelligent villain but she's just THICK

There will be some surprises too. I think Laura Trott may be vulnerable in Sevenoaks - it's classic 'One Nation' territory. The Home Counties could be a bloodbath.

- Rees-Mogg will go
- Despite what has been written I would be astonished if Sunak loses in Richmond and Northallerton but he could have a recount. If the Tories go down in North Yorkshire it will truly be their end of days.
- IDS is gone gone in Chingford. Tories may lose almost everything in London including Cities of London and Westminster, Kensington, and Chelsea and Fulham (some of these seats are being re-drawn significantly anyway as London gains extra districts)

Any I forgot?
I wouldn't be shocked if one or both of Hunt and Gove announce they're standing down around the end of the summer recess/conference season (possibly with Hunt getting appointed to the Lords, so they can maintain the fiction he might still be Chancellor rather than a fractally lame duck in the parlour game discussions about what a universe where the Tories won would even be supposed to look like)

Hilariously Patel has a reasonable chance of being the next Tory leader. If ever a party wanted a decade out of power.

The Ipsos poll yesterday which put the Tories on 19% also noted that the age at which people crossover to the Tories is now….70.

In 2019 it was 39.

Oh no! That sounds like a reputable get out strategy :evil:

I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM
Well, it would be if you could even pay anyone to vote Tory at this set of locals :disco: (bar crafty girls like Andy Street who've been feyly wheeling out the 'I'm Tory, but I'm not like other Tories.... *giggles coquettishly before investing in public realm / not physically assaulting passing migrant"'' personal branding)

In 2019 it was 39.

IMG_6250.jpeg

She's a woman of the people

Frustratingly she's a decent local MP. I work in her constituency and she's generally well liked.

She also seems to open everything. Everywhere I go there's a OPENED BY PRITI PATEL MP plaque. Even a fucking McDonald's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom