The shocking truth about Kelly Llorenna

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
12576134_10153961871106812_1745313371_n.jpg
https://www.moopy.co.uk/attachments/em-93hiwwai6z_v-jpeg.1215/

Last edited:
It's not even a bad picture, she really does look like that. Her album was called All Clubbed Up, who knew it was meant literally.

Oh, I thought she looked a bit old for her age. Only I thought her age was 47.

The bloke who runs the N-Trance Facebook page INSISTED she was 16 when Set You Free was recorded when I asked.

Still the worst thing to happen to British music in the last 50 years.

Or judging by that picture, 500...

Still the worst thing to happen to British music in the last 50 years.

Or judging by that picture, 500...

Come again? :D I would say she's quite an inexplicable figure to intensely dislike. It would be like hating someone like the person who only sang Set You Free... oh.

In the People's Republic of Britain that will be created when Corbyn wins the election, Kelly will be one of the first hauled in front of Ken Loach's Truth & Reconciliation Committees for this crime against culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come again? :D I would say she's quite an inexplicable figure to intensely dislike. It would be like hating someone like the person who only sang Set You Free... oh.

I'm not joking. Kelly Llorenna went through a phase (ie- HER CAREER) of taking just about EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SONGS EVER and destroying it. "I Will Love Again", "This Time I Know It's For Real", "Dress You Up", "Tell It To My Heart".

FUCKING BITCH

Llorennarate :disco:

10 Set You Free
08 Brighter Day
07 One Day I'll Fly Away
08 True Love Never Dies
08 Tell It To My Heart
10 Forever
05 This Time I Know It's For Real
08 Nobody Like You
06 I Will Love Again
05 Before You Love Me
06 Dress You Up

Her flop 90s solo single Brighter Day is such a HONKING delight.

She was 21 when she shot that video, allegedly. DON'T DOUBT IT FOR A MINUTE KEL :basil:

Last edited:
Oh God I'd forgotten that she covered 'This Time I Know It's For Real'

SCAB

Heart of Gold tho :disco:

I love that one.

There aren't many 'hidden gems' in her catalogue as such, but the song they were going with before Brighter Day (to launch her as the next Kelly Marie) was called All I Wanna Do ("is make sweet love to you"). The Voodoo & Serano edit of Forever was such a step up for all of them, it's a shame it was followed up by ever cheaper this-will-do releases.

It is admittedly a less creative reading than her haunting interpretation of 'One Day I'll Fly Away'.

Last edited:
What does she actually do now? I'm presuming just low-rent gay clubs and the state pension but some new material could bring her unique appeal to a whole new generation of hardcore club kids.

I love her turning up on Radio 1 to perform Set You Free, flanked by uncomfortable production staff and adoring fans definitely not looking embarrassed for her:

It's great to hear her vocals on top form:

Actually, because of that clip mugatu posted (when she was going as Lola Leethal as lead singer of FreakAsylum), I wonder if she's maybe just had a kid, survived cancer, or went cold turkey off the chems. That unreleased FreakAsylum album is basically everything Sarah Harding should have came out with and more (Fetish and Wasted in particular would have been awesome sung by the walker of primrose).

10 Set You Free
07 Brighter Day
05 One Day I'll Fly Away
10 True Love Never Dies
10 Tell It To My Heart
10 Forever
10 This Time I Know It's For Real
06 Nobody Like You
08 I Will Love Again
08 Before You Love Me
06 Dress You Up

I really like that a drink hit the window behind her. What a venue. What a woman. What a career.

10 Set You Free
?? Brighter Day
00 One Day I'll Fly Away
00 True Love Never Dies
00 Tell It To My Heart
00 Forever
00 This Time I Know It's For Real
?? Nobody Like You
00 I Will Love Again
00 Before You Love Me
-1 Dress You Up

And I'm NOT EVEN JOKING :D