The Queen DEAD...Tired

Under medical supervision at Balmoral after Doctors became "concerned".

Liz Truss and Keir Starmer were apparently passed notes in Parliament and left abruptly.

She probably crowned Liz Truss (or whatever the term is) and thought

not-this-jan-sport.gif

If I had to deal with Truss directly after Boris it would kill me too

Praying she holds on long enough to steal 9/11 from the Yanks.

They're also showing the picture of her meeting Liz ON A LOOP.

RAM IT HOME, AUNTIE BEEB, RAM IT HOME

I feel rather crass asking this but does everything close it she does die or is that on the day of the funeral?

If she dies, it would make an interesting employment tribunal case if you tell your employer it would be inappropriate to keep working and you need to go home.

At this rate, the funeral will be whilst I'm on my holiday. What good is that?

Also, I'm off to see Joe Lycett tonight- I wonder if they'll cancel THAT sort of thing? I mean, it's hardly "period of mourning", is it?

Oh dear. The Duke of Cambridge is going to Balmoral too - he was in London this morning.

I can't believe she's gonna cark it when I've booked annual leave. The betrayal.

• Care
Reactions: RJN
There isn't a bank holiday- didn't they say that before?
Before dawn on D+9, the day of the funeral, in the silent hall, the jewels will be taken off the coffin and cleaned. In 1952, it took three jewellers almost two hours to remove all the dust. (The Star of Africa, on the royal sceptre, is the second-largest cut diamond in the world.) Most of the country will be waking to a day off. Shops will close, or go to bank holiday hours. Some will display pictures of the Queen in their windows. The stock market will not open. The night before, there will have been church services in towns across the UK. There are plans to open football stadiums for memorial services if necessary.

Oh, it's bad if the family are heading to Balmoral.

Ridiculous, I'll be on annual leave when the holiday comes. Stuff had better not close, I;ve got plans...

I can only imagine the MANIA currently happening across all the newspaper houses right now

Breakfast and daytime TV correspondents cancelling their holibobs as we speak, waiting for their agents to confirm their appearance fees… practicing their best morose looks in the mirror…

I wonder if we would get a day off here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom