The POP Phenomenon that is KAMALIYA

I'm ON BOARD

Possibly the worst/BEST support act I've EVER SEEN :disco:

At ours she was the second support act on, on about 7:50 if I recall...

Thank you I'll aim to be in the arena by 7.30pm then should be safe

To throw in a CURVE BALL, she was FIRST ON here... That ropey Jessie J wannabe was on second.

I had NO IDEA what she said or sung. We figured one of the songs was about being a POWER BOTTOM.

We got in the arena about 7:30 and the first act was just ending- so get there for 7 and you should be fine...

OMFG I LOVE this bitch! I was AGOG when I saw her supporting Steps. Everything about her was just AMAZING. The outfits, the miming, the stage persona...

She is BACK with the FIRST single from her second album "Club Opera" - (her first album isn't even out until NEXT WEEK) - feast your eyes on this below - completely FABULOUS! :disco:

I think her husband must be loaded and bank rolling it - how else can she afford to have big names remixing her singles, like Stonebridge, Cahill, Digital Dog, Buzz Junkies, Soulseekerz, Wideboys... and her videos don't look cheap either...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think her husband must be loaded and bank rolling it - how else can she afford to have big names remixing her singles, like Stonebridge, Cahill, Digital Dog, Buzz Junkies, Soulseekerz, Wideboys... and her videos don't look cheap either...

Ther Russian Ysa Ferrer :D

:D

That is AMAZING!

I can't believe I missed her (3 times) at Steps...

Oh she was a revelation, just ask Shee. I saw her TWICE, both times I was going fucking mental for her! So much I could say about her performances!

This song is definitely the best thing she's done yet, LSL would KILL for something like this! :D

She even did a song with Thomas Anders from Modern Talking, which sounds like pretty much every song they ever did! :disco:

BTW - did you see the amount of views the Butterfiles video has had? EIGHT MILLION since June! :disco:

She sponsored the OK! magazine party the other night. I've never heard of a popstar sponsoring a party before. Apparently she was on stage for about an hour and a half and would just NOT fuck off.

:D:

OMG, I love her even more! She truly is FABULOUS! :disco:

Her husband definitely must be MINTED! I wonder if those 8 million views are all genuine...

UPDATE!

Kamaliya's album came out this week on iTunes and in a STRANGE turn of events, the album is FREE with this week's OK magazine! :D

AzuqsoNCQAECgwO.jpg

There's also an article in the magazine about her...

AzurHKtCYAEEHsV.jpg

...and a report from that OK launch that RobotBoy was talking about. Ruth Lorenzo and Kerry Katona were there!

AzurlZcCQAAYEQC.jpg

I'm getting memories of Angelle but on a much LARGER scale! :disco:

Apparently she is also doing Manchester Gay Pride...she just get's EVERYWHERE!

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/ukrainian-popstar-kamaliya-perform-manchester-gay-pride070812

Her husband must be a millionaire to be able to afford this type of promo, most acts on big labels don't even get this kind of promo...

Last edited:
Her wikipedia entry is also a SIGHT TO BEHOLD. Apparently she had two UK Top20 singles. :basil:

Her husband is a BILLIONAIRE. And the article (all 3 paragraphs of it) is HILARITY ITSELF! "If Simon Cowell wants me on the X Factor, I wouldn't say no"... :D

Yes, I've bought OK Magazine today :disco:

Looks like she's getting a bit of a PUSH over here in GOOD OLD DEUTSCHLAND at the moment.

HURRAH :disco:

BUMP

For the last few weeks I've kept hearing this LUDICROUS dance-pop song at the gym that heavily samples Madame Butterfly. I loved it but couldn't for the life of me figure out who or what it was. I briefly thought it might even be an even more heavily botoxed Kitty Brucknell.

Anyway I heard it again today and scurried up to the monitor with my iPhone go google the chorus lyrics. Turns out it is none other than this fabulous old trout! (I missed her when I saw Steps)

I LOVE IT. :disco:

Her new single has got 6 MILLION Youtube views in two weeks! Aye sure love.

She's doing Belfast Pride. I'm THERE. :disco:

I'm a bit LATE to the game with this new track, but it's fucking FABULOUS! :disco: Is this the same sample as on the old British Airways adverts?

It's not out in the UK until the 24th June (a Tuesday for some reason), though it's already out in Germany, and I think her album "Club Opera" is out there too - I'm assuming all the tracks sample an opera track. EVERYTHING about her is just AMAZING. She can't sing or dance for toffee, mind. The amount of money thrown at this is INCREDIBLE. Her videos seem to get even MORE elaborate as they go on. And as for the YouTube views, (I'm Alive is currently sitting at 12.7 million :D ) - She takes FUCKING for tracks to a NEW DIMENSION. :disco:

Just checking on iTunes, her last album, Kamaliya is out in FOUR different versions, an original and remix version in both English and Russian - the English Remix one is the one we got last year free with OK.

I'm Alive has now topped 26 MILLION VIEWS. :D International superstar INDEED.

In other news, Club Opera is actually quite a legitimately catchy album, whilst managing to be utterly ridiculous and generic at the same time. The opera motif seems to get more and more shoehorned into each song as the album goes along, until it's completely abandoned by the last track.

And I'd hate to risk being seen as another Kala with what I'm about to post, but seeing at you've been the biggest contributor to the thread of late anyway, I'm going to do it...

969155_10152978093940697_1611525603_n.jpg

I'm still a bit residually starstruck! :disco:

• Love
Reactions: VoR
HOW is it at 25 million? I imagine the husband paying a warehouse full of blearly eyed Ukrainian street orphans watching the video on a constant loop like Veruca Salt's father forcing all his workers to open thousands of candy bars in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

Last edited:
I am OFFICIALLY jealous!

What a FABULOUS photo, you both look :disco:

Did you get a chance to talk to her, Pingu? Her album IS rather good for what it IS.

The campaign to get Kamaliya to Eurovision starts HERE!

Did you get a chance to talk to her, Pingu? Her album IS rather good for what it IS.

Yes I did, and she is a complete and utter sweetheart!

Obviously her English is fairly limited but she does have the important phrases for making conversation, including "You like my new single, I'm Alive?"

Reactions: VoR
Yes I did, and she is a complete and utter sweetheart!

Obviously her English is fairly limited but she does have the important phrases for making conversation, including "You like my new single, I'm Alive?"

What was her reception like? I guess Mr Kamaliya would have been hovering around too, he usually is.

What was her reception like? I guess Mr Kamaliya would have been hovering around too, he usually is.

Oh yes he was right beside her the whole time. She seemed genuinely delighted that I knew songs of hers other than Butterflies (she's positively BEAMING in that picture as much as her face will allow her to)...she was just adorable, which I didn't expect!

Her performance got one of the better receptions of the day, even though people probably weren't sure who she was. The repetitive nature of most of her songs meant they were singing along by the end though. Obviously she mimed her arse off, except for some LIVE operatic adlibs which delighted me no end. And at the end of her performance when the presenters came on to try and interview her / usher her off, she took the mic right out of one of their hands and launched into some a capella opera wailing. They couldn't get her to stop! It was fabulous.

It's clear why her husband keeps pumping so much money into this venture...she obviously LOVES what she does.

Last edited:
Oh yes he was right beside her the whole time. She seemed genuinely delighted that I knew songs of hers other than Butterflies (she's positively BEAMING in that picture as much as her face will allow her to)...she was just adorable, which I didn't expect!

Her performance got one of the better receptions of the day, even though people probably weren't sure who she was. The repetitive nature of most of her songs meant they were singing along by the end though. Obviously she mimed her arse off, except for some LIVE operatic adlibs which delighted me no end. And at the end of her performance when the presenters came on to try and interview her / usher her off, she took the mic right out of one of their hands and launched into some a capella opera wailing. They couldn't get her to stop! It was fabulous.

It's clear why her husband keeps pumping so much money into this venture...she obviously LOVES what she does.

:disco:

Shame she's not doing Glasgow Pride - we have Heather fucking Small! :manson:

I did wonder if she was actually the one doing the opera bits in the songs - she doesn't exactly sound as if she has a very strong voice on record, though I suppose everything's vodocodered to FUCK.

It's so interesting how much her husband is spending on her career - I suppose it's just an expensive hobby, and when you're a billionaire, it's probably not even that much he is spending in comparison.

It's a shame she's not having much success (though I'm Alive did make #55 in Germany), though I imagine she'll continue to soldier on regardless.

Someone definitely needs to have a word abuout Eurovision though, surely Belarus would have her!

Here's the new video!! I wonder how long it will take this one to match the 41 million (:D) views that I'm Alive has amassed so far.

In other news, she's given birth to twin girls in the last few weeks, and the official UK release of the album has been postponed again to November. Not to give her a chance to embrace motherhood, but to tie in with the end of her new reality show, yes REALITY SHOW, which started on Fox UK last night. :disco:

She's one of a cast of many, but I think it's clear that the show is a Kamaliya vehicle, and exactly who is bankrolling it.

I saw she had given birth to twins - when the FUCK did that happen? It's almost like they POPPED out. Was she even carrying them herself? :D

The woman never ceases to amaze me. I need to see that show. Was it any good?

Loving the contrast between the operatic trilling and her FLAT AS A PANCAKE nocals at the start of that song. :D

This video was either shot months ago or there's been some digital editing taking place.

I love how she has the AUDACITY to mine the operatic bits in her songs. :D

She needs to represent Ukraine at Eurovision! I'm sure she would do it. But then again she would need to sing live...

Would Ukraine have her? She's not ACTUALLY successful anywhere, is she?

She's clearly going to turn up for BELARUS at some point. :disco:

Would Ukraine have her? She's not ACTUALLY successful anywhere, is she? She's clearly going to turn up for BELARUS at some point. :disco:

It didn't stop Mika Newton or Alyosha!

Though Belarus seems more likely - I'm sure if her husband promised to pay for it all....

Can you just imagine the party they'd have at Eurovision? :disco:

I'd say there's a BIG chance of her trying to enter over the next few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom