The POP Phenomenon that is KAMALIYA

Kamaliya is live on This Morning at 11.15! I repeat! Kamaliya is live on This Morning at 11.15!!

OMG that was such cringey viewing.

Her English is so poor that she was answering completely different questions to what Eamon and Ruth asked.

This exchange was positively Ab Fab esque.

Eamon: So, tell me about bathing in Champagne
Kamaliya: Yees, it eez very good for ze dogs.
Eamon: For the DOGS?!
Kamaliya: No, DETOX

:D :D :D

These songs are actually very good, the high budget, unknowing smirk-glare and lack of discernible vocal ability or rhythm (when not in full on soprano mode or being swung about by backing dancers that is) are merely an incredible bonus. Performance-wise, Butterflies is the biggest hoot, but No Ordinary Love is just glorious:

Now that I've skimmed the singles for maybe a month tops, I think I'm ready for the album(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
11401468_821876601238757_989690422359898329_n.jpg

I have no idea what she is doing in this photograph.

Here it is! The new single from multi-instrumentalist Kamaliya.

Germany on the other hand ARE ENJOY this apparently, sitting at #27 in our itunes charts.

:D :D :D

I was watching a very serious (OSCAR NOMINATED) Netflix documentary entitled 'Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom' the other week, and was most bemused when this ridiculous woman popped up as a talking head.

Ruslana was in it too, but that's to be expected.

I have to bring this back because I've discovered this wonderful video of Kamaliya performing the much-loved Bond theme "I'll Take It All", originally by Joss Stone and Dave Stewart from the 007 videogame Blood Stone which came out in 2010:

I'd love to know how this came about, was the song a big hit in Ukraine? I'm not sure it was ever officially released outside of the game...

I can't get over how this woman has permanently had songs in the iTunes top 30 ALL YEAR yet has zero top 75 hits to her name. I had no idea she's been peddling it for over 5 years! :D

During my annual search to see what pop princess and Meet The Russians star Kamaliya is up to, I found that she's come off the back of her ASFMXMAS mid-table triumph with this patriotic banger.

It's been out for a month and given it's had 709 billion views in that time, I'm shocked the war hasn't come to an end yet.

During my annual search to see what pop princess and Meet The Russians star Kamaliya is up to, I found that she's come off the back of her ASFMXMAS mid-table triumph with this patriotic banger.

It's been out for a month and given it's had 709 billion views in that time, I'm shocked the war hasn't come to an end yet.

How curious that it's managed 300,000+ Youtube views but hasn't yet cracked 1,000 streams on Spotify :side-eye:

Although really by her previous standards, 300,000 is a bit of a HALF HEARTED EFFORT by the billionaire hubby, no? What happened to the days of 100m+ globally known YouTube sensations Butterflies and I'm Alive?

Moved to the POP TOILET? The indignity! :(
In fairness I think sheā€™s been in here for the best part of a decade. :(

I presume it was an accident and she was supposed to be moved to the Divas and Moopy Icons forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom