Suomi ranks the Buffy Seasons

Why were all Buffy's love interests DULL and LUMPISH?

actually Spike was DULL and SCRAGGY, but as my idiot friend used to say, POTATO TOMATO.

Riley was dull as fuck but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

That episode when he got out of bed and started doing press-ups right away. RIDE ME BIG BOY.

*ehem*

Oh yes indeed. A forgettable season with some of the strongest individual eps in them.

Boreanez gets a lot better in Angel. A lot more humour! Such as the part in Season 1 where he is at a party, gets asked to dance and you get the scene of him doing loads of cheesy eurodance dancing! "I don't dance"....

Oh yes, anyone else notice Lost's Sawyer being the second vampire to get dusted in Angel in the first ep?

*hijacks thread*

Marti Noxon is now a co-writer/producer on Grey's Anatomy now if you're interested...

Fucking hell i'd forgotten just HOW harrowing 'The Body' was.

That first twenty minutes or so is just PURE emotion. How the FUCK did Gellar not get so much as an Emmy/Golden Globe nomination that year?

Fucking hell i'd forgotten just HOW harrowing 'The Body' was.

That first twenty minutes or so is just PURE emotion. How the FUCK did Gellar not get so much as an Emmy/Golden Globe nomination that year?

i know, well why would the Emmys buck a trend though? No awards for BTVS ever.

People who say SMG isn't a superb actress clearly haven't seen The Body

It's that moment when Giles is trying to revive her and she says 'The doctors say we shouldn't move the body' and that look of horror and realisation passes her face. :(

Absolutely stunning.

Anyone fancy a bit of SEASON EIGHT?

I'm gmailing Issues 1 and 2, acquired from gay-torrents of ALL PLACES

It's that moment when Giles is trying to revive her and she says 'The doctors say we shouldn't move the body' and that look of horror and realisation passes her face. :(

Absolutely stunning.

It's alright

Oh :D

They're written by JOSS actually

Last edited:
Shame he couldn't be FUCKED to write almost anything from the last two seasons

Which saw the whole SERIES go to SHIT

Which saw the whole SERIES go to SHIT

Season 6 was fabulous. Mainly for the rather hopelessness and downbeatness of it all. Plus the fact that the main villains were wonderfully inept was a lovely swing. I mean who did we have in the past:

The master Vampire
Buff's true love
The rogue Slayer
The ultimate demon/human/machine hybrid
A god

each season ramped it up one notch so I liked the way it went the only way it could!

my review of season 6 will come SHORTLY. Its no surprise its #4 on my list of ranking the 7

I had a bit of a Drusilla highlights sesh this afternoon.

I find it quite interesting how throughout the series Giles and Buffy very strongly assert that the Vampires are monsters, with the memories of the people they used to be, but nothing else. Yet a lot of the actions of the vampires brings that into question. Spike's character development being an obvious example, but even as early as series 2, the scene in 'What's My Line Part II' where an ill Drusilla tortures Angel is VERRRY interesting in that respect.

The Buffy mythology was really inconsistent.

The most glaring example of this is Darla in Angel Season 2. Why did she want to become a vampire again? Her human self would just die anyway.

And doesn't Angel contradict Buffy's assertion that Gay Lesbian Vampire Willow has no connection with Human Willow?

WOW I know a lot of shit about Buffy :geek:

But SHE wouldn't have been living at all (even overlooking the vampire=dead thing) if you go on the idea that the person dies and a demon just inhabits the empty body...

I think at some point Angel dispells that theology, saying that there is still an essence of the humanity underneath that drives some of the personality

Oh, I completely FORGOT :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYxQo8v0n-Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYxQo8v0n-Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Promo for the proposed animated series that never was.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnUvZP7-5LM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnUvZP7-5LM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Is that actual Giles and Xander in there?

either way, it looks GASH, im glad they didn't do it

Yes. ALL the cast EXCEPT Sarah Michelle Gellar were/did voice their characters on the animated series.

seems a bit weird that they would have done the series based on some point in Season 3 (i guess?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom