Suomi ranks the Buffy Seasons

She's also in some dire sitcom thing. Is it on C4 at about 8am? Regardless... it's pap and she deserves much better. I'm not even sure why she isn't getting it. She was on $250,000 per episode of Buffy by the end.

I can't deconstruct Buffy enough to work out the really good actors. Were there any BAD ones?

Anthony Stewart Head was probably the BEST

Alyson Hannigan showed great RANGE but her acting was WELL OFF in the final season

Emma Caulfield had great comic timing

I always found James Marsters hideously overrated

David Boreanaz couldn't really act for SHIT for a lot of the show

Nobody is bad but there's levels of goodness I'd say.

SMG, Alyson Hannigan, Anthony Stewart Head, James Marsters and Emma Caulfield are all SUPERB. I'd say, much as i LOVE the character, Amber Benson was perhaps a little weaker than the other scoobies. Only a LITTLE though, she was still very good.

Emma Caulfield also deserves so much more of a career. I don't think a lot of people take notice of great comic performances, but a character like Anya is really so difficult to get right and she never seems to put a foot wrong with it.

David Boreanaz couldn't really act for SHIT for a lot of the show

He has BAD SKIN that just makes me stare at that, completely missing his acting.

Ooo yes - I didn't GET Amber's acting at all. What was all the pausing about? She didn't act like she was lacking confidence, just that she forgot her lines. ANNOYING.

Emma Caulfield also deserves so much more of a career. I don't think a lot of people take notice of great comic performances, but a character like Anya is really so difficult to get right and she never seems to put a foot wrong with it.

I forsee a great sitcom with Anya and Cordelia.

Amber Benson really overplayed the I'M SHY thing

Once they wrote Tara as more confident, her performances really improved...

I can understand what Amber Benson as trying to do, and it often worked, but yes she occasionally seemed a bit awkward and stagey. And not awkward in the way the character is awkward, just awkward.

People always forget Nicholas Brendon (perhaps because they didn't like his character) but he was rarely OFF either

Shame he LET HIMSELF GO like he did

I've moaned about Michelle Trachtenberg being whiney and annoying before, but she's actually much better than I remembered so far.

People always forget Nicholas Brendon (perhaps because they didn't like his character) but he was rarely OFF either

He has a lovely smile. But he also had the fat msucle thing going on.

He should've had more to do in the show. Not given powers but just given more action or a proper 'part' to play.

He did look rather chubby in series 7 didn't he? :D

He seems to have slimmed down again now, he was in some short lived kitchen drama in america recently.

Yes he was consistently solid, but he didn't really get as many opportunities for real emotional depth as the other central characters. If anything the writing let him down, making him a bit TOO stoic towards the end, wheras Giles and Spike became much more emotional as they went on. I suppose a series full of crybaby men would have been a bit much though.

Don't even get me started on how they changed Spike as they did

It was probably the single WORST DECISION in the history of the show

I'm probably alone here, but Nicholas Brendon is my HOTTIE of choice for the regular blokes. I like the geek look more than the BEEFCAKE/CYBER PUNK thing all the other lead men had going on. (Well apart from Giles :D)

Shall I tell you one STUPID thing that has ALWAYS bugged me?

One of my favourite episodes is the one where Cordelia and Buffy run for homecoming and get caught up in Slayerfest. Anyway they're getting stalked by a pair of southern vampire lovers (The male of which I recently discovered has BALLOONED in weight and now plays the obese guy in Cold Case :o) and Cordelia kills the woman with a SPATULA in the RIBS.

It's not made of wood, it's nowhere near her heart and it's a FUCKING SPATULA.

VoR - I think you should write one of those fan books criticising the plot holes in the show. Then stalk SMG asking her questions like "how can a vampire that has only just risen from the dead turn to dust?".

VoR - I think you should write one of those fan books criticising the plot holes in the show. Then stalk SMG asking her questions like "how can a vampire that has only just risen from the dead turn to dust?".

Sorry, I'm not one of these people who watches period films over and over again looking for cars in the background, it's just that Buffy REALLY was inconsistent with the vampire stuff. LAZY WRITING.

I mean compare it to the episode where Riley stabs Spike IN THE HEART, but with fake wood. Plus, only a couple of episodes previously Buffy dusts a vamp with a UNICORN.

Last edited:
:o

I can't remember a unicorn being in the show. Stop with the drugs VoR.

JUST SAY NO.

It's a toy Unicorn, and all the toy unicorns I'VE ever seen have been PLASTIC.

comic-book-guy.jpg

She's the Slayer with special powers. Any plot discrepancies can be explained by the fact she's essentially a superhero.

Anyway, there are lots of plot holes in REAL LIFE

People are always like, hang on I thought you did THIS and not THAT

You could call it LAZY WRITING or you could just say I'm a LIAR

WHO'S TO SAY

And back to the conversation about acting - Cordelia ROCKS.

Oh, oh, oh... I love Andrew too. But I think that's the character more than anything else.

This morning I popped a DVD from Season 2 in the player and caught the first time Kendra appears.

HER ACCENT!!! :D

Oh the joy. Maybe that accounts for my good mood.

I really liked Kendra on FIRST VIEWING but in a POST-FAITH WORLD she really was pretty SHITTY

James Marsters was pretty shit as well, regardless of whatever people said. I had NO DOUBT he wasn't English from the START

James Marsters was in Smallville and jeez, he looked OLD.

I'd never have thought that the bleach-blonde look would make anyone look young.

He's well into his forties now isn't he?

Then again SMG isn's FAR OFF. It's so ridiculous that she's celebrating her twentieth birthday in series five. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom