Suomi ranks the Buffy Seasons

I've just finished watching the complete Buffy and Angel in sync with each other. I have far too much time on my hands.

It was going to be set in late season 1, but Dawn was going to be featured which makes it altered continuity. WEIRD!

Quite, if the short clip is anything to go by it would be horrendous.

Christ, is the cast of Angel cursed or something?

WATCH YOUR BACK CHARISMA CARPENTER!

Who else died?

*reads* I didn't realise Doyle ACTUALLY died :o .. I hated that when he died in Angel. GRAPHIC.

Charisma Carpenter's career is dead, does that count? She's popped up in a few things, Veronica Mars, Charmed .. just off the top of my head. A bit typecast though..

Charisma should be fine, seems like it's only people who didn't start out on Buffy who've been affected. Amy Acker's long term prospects are looking less rosy!

Amy Acker's long term prospects are looking less rosy!

Well she has a recurring role in Joss' Dollhouse. Whether it gets past it's first season is anyone's guess.

This is SCARY though. Get your teeth checked out regularly folks.

The end of Angel coincided with another disturbing situation for Andy. Around the time of filming "A Hole in the World," he says, "I remember a filling coming out of a cavity in my mouth. It didn't hurt and I didn't get it fixed immediately, and eventually, it got infected. But it wasn't inflamed, so I never knew that I had a problem - until the day I was in the hospital." About a month after Angel wrapped, Angel make-up artist Dayne Johnson dropped by to visit, realised his friend wasn't well and wound up taking Andy to the doctor, who sent Andy to the emergency room. The tooth infection, Andy explains, "[had] a direct line to the heart, which was causing the heart to not pump as efficiently, so my heart was getting more and more enlarged. When I finally went in, I was in the middle of congestive heart failure and it was leaking blood from all the valves. The whole thing would be described as advanced cardiomyopathy. But I'm better now - I'm so thankful."

I would like to point out that I did not kill him, just to revive this thread

Well she has a recurring role in Joss' Dollhouse. Whether it gets past it's first season is anyone's guess.

This is SCARY though. Get your teeth checked out regularly folks.

The end of Angel coincided with another disturbing situation for Andy. Around the time of filming "A Hole in the World," he says, "I remember a filling coming out of a cavity in my mouth. It didn't hurt and I didn't get it fixed immediately, and eventually, it got infected. But it wasn't inflamed, so I never knew that I had a problem - until the day I was in the hospital." About a month after Angel wrapped, Angel make-up artist Dayne Johnson dropped by to visit, realised his friend wasn't well and wound up taking Andy to the doctor, who sent Andy to the emergency room. The tooth infection, Andy explains, "[had] a direct line to the heart, which was causing the heart to not pump as efficiently, so my heart was getting more and more enlarged. When I finally went in, I was in the middle of congestive heart failure and it was leaking blood from all the valves. The whole thing would be described as advanced cardiomyopathy. But I'm better now - I'm so thankful."

OMG I'm freaked out now. I had EXACTLY THIS happen - i.e. the filling fell out, they put another one in, it got an infection ... it's never quite gone away. AM I GOING TO DIE?

OMG I'm freaked out now. I had EXACTLY THIS happen - i.e. the filling fell out, they put another one in, it got an infection ... it's never quite gone away. AM I GOING TO DIE?

I would suggest getting all your teeth out to be on the safe side.

NO BUT REALLY .. I just thought it didn't really matter. What if this is happening to me right now?

If you suddenly disappear, at least we can have a fair stab at what's happened! :)

That is actually quite re-assuring (at least, for Moopy). Thanks :o

Unless you die, then I will freak out again.

Acker was in Supernatural as a guest.

In fact, Supernatural guests are generally made up of people who have been in X-Files / Smallville / Buffy / Charmed / etc etc.

HEY YOU GUYS

Tomorrow and Sunday from 11am on Syfy, Anthony Head is presenting a countdown of viewers' favourite episodes. 20 were pre-selected and people voted on those, but I can guarantee it includes ALL THE FAVES (more or less).

He introduces each episode with some anecdotes about when he filmed them.

So GIVE IT A WATCH why don't you

Last edited:
What an amazing thread

I'm having a bit of a Buffy revival at the moment. Basically skipping all the filler eps and just watching the really good ones, of which there are thankfully plenty.

It all looks so OLD though :o Alyson Hannigan's limp, lifeless hair in the first couple of seasons would never pass muster in 21st century TV land, even for a 'geek' character.

I've reached the dreaded Season 4. :(

The first two episodes are actually quite fun. They should have made Sunday the season's big bad instead of dreary old Adam. Though I suppose in a sense they did with Glory the following season.

Kathy the Celine Dion obsessed demon roommate deserved more than two episodes too.

I've always quite liked season 4, I must admit! It has LOADS of great standalone episodes, it's just the main story arc that's a bit shonky.

I've reached the dreaded Season 4. :(

The first two episodes are actually quite fun. They should have made Sunday the season's big bad instead of dreary old Adam. Though I suppose in a sense they did with Glory the following season.

Kathy the Celine Dion obsessed demon roommate deserved more than two episodes too.

The problem is - I just feel they really struggled with portraying the 'struggle' that was the change from High School to College. They show lost its pace entirely in the first few episode of season 4 and a few AMAZING stand-alones such as the one with the Native American Spirit ("Pangs"), the two Seth focussed episode ("Wild At Heart" and "New Moon Rising") and obviously "Hush" - they were just that. Great stand-alone episodes but nothing that really injected pace into the series and glued it together. Don't even get me started on how they handled Faith waking up from her coma and being shipped off to Angel within 2 episodes. Lost opportunity.

And it becomes even more glaringly obvious for me as it's slotted in-between the 3 seasons (especially Season 5 of course) that do that just perfectly. Great episodes on their own AND they tied the seasons together.

I keep toying with the idea of getting seasons two and three and re watching them, I have very fond memories of both of them.

4 was the highs and lows of the series, really strange in that respect. The one where Willow has her will done has me in stitches each time:

"I need to go find Spike, Willow, it's my job..."

"Fine, you just go then... you'll probably find him in two minutes or something anyway..."

*next scene, Buffy finds Spike looking lost outside*

"I thought that would have taken longer..."

Qo(After)L :disco:

tumblr_m9jc23GSSb1qi0d7lo3_r1_250.gif

I was listening to a podcast about Buffy the other day and apparently the reason that Juliet Landu kills Kendra like that without a fight was because the actress was injured and couldn't do a proper fight scene :david:

I could watch this four second clip forever. The accent really is mesmerising :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3HLBKQwdLKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's no surprise watching it all back that Alyson Hannigan went on to be the breakout star (or at least to have a career after the show...) rather than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Don't get me wrong, SMG is great. But Willow's comic delivery is just brilliant. Doppelgangland - the episode where evil bisexual vampire Willow enters their dimension - had me in tears (of laughter).

The best bit is when the Scooby gang all think she's dead and she just moseys in all nonchalant.

"Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs, did ya?" (Not funny in print but her delivery killed me).

Last edited:
SMG just seems unpleasant and a very limited actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom