Strictly 2022

Some of the goodbyes this year have been lovely. Ellie S and Tyler spring to mind as well.

It seems that only one of Fleur and Molly are able to get even votes to avoid the dance off each week, it is always one or the other. I wonder whether next week will be the one when the judges finally have to decide between them - that could depend on how Kym does, and how viewers vote after her week off.

Ellie seemed ok with leaving and very pleased with her run.

Fleur vs Molly has been in the offing for ages now, and both in three dance offs each. I really think they'd be more inclined to save Fleur if they have a similar week, but it's going to come down to the dance that night. I think had it happened on Saturday, Fleur would be gone as Molly's Tango was brilliant.

The way things have worked out you'd THINK Fleur would be due a good week. Molly has Charleston which I suspect she'll pull off.

Kym has thrown a very handy spanner in the works and is more likely to find her days numbered now, although having only been there once you can't rule out the judges saving her.

We know Hamza, Helen and Will are all very popular and have had their vote tested, but this close I could see one of them slipping into the dance off. Which I'd love to see in Will's case but would probably be a disaster for Molly or Fleur. It seems more certain we're going to get any combination of Kym/Fleur/Molly

This battle is way more fascinating than the winning one :D

It's a shame for Kym because she seemed like she'd built up a fair amount of goodwill after circling the drain for her first few weeks. But I imagine the perceived unfairness of her getting a bye to the quarter finals will make it difficult to keep her around if she drops into the bottom 2 again.

As for Saturday, entirely predictable that after Fleur's 40 she ended up there. It wasn't the best rhumba sadly but on the other hand, she had so much presence and was better than Hamza and Will who were horribly overmarked, better than Helen's ropey Samba and obviously Ellie too. It was a crap week but she was second best.

I wonder if the overmarking of Hamza might lead to an accidental dance off appearance at this stage if he slips to third or lower on the leaderboard.

Pretty sure Helen is bulletproof.

Molly was EXQUISITE. So pleased she finally had a strong week again.

Ellie's speech made me well up. She's so lovely and just BEAUTIFUL to look at, but it was her time.

I wish they’d do musicals week earlier so we could get more range. Movies week should maybe restrict to non-musical films too to make it fair.

I agree, we already had a doomed Samba from The Lion King in Movies Week this year.

It might be nice if they switched them round in the schedule one year for a change.

The Christmas special celebrities are being announced today. Rosie Ramsey and Ricky Heywood-Williams so far.

Hmm. If they are doing non-returning celebs for the Christmas special you might hope they would be able to rustle up some bigger names who don't want to commit to a full series.

I really don't like that lady and her husband was incredibly annoying when he was in Strictly too. I once sat through ten minutes of the TV show they present together and the FAKE CHUMMINESS was unbearable. UGH.

Unless it happens to be on in front of me, I can never be arsed with the Christmas edition. Hard to get invested in something done and dusted in an hour

I can't remember the last time I watched the Christmas one.

I can't remember the last time I watched the Christmas one.

I think I half watched it last year as I was at my mum's, but after dinner and various drinks, I wasn't paying much attention. Also not as much fun with ZERO stakes. I couldn't tell you who was in it.

Fleur doing Quickstep to "I Got Rhythm" feels like a safe bet. I think she might be okay this week. I can imagine Molly pulling out a decent Charleston too. Be interesting if they both topped the leaderboard.

I wonder if Kym doing Fame will prompt a nostalgic/sympathy vote and inflated scores. Not sure about a Cha Cha Cha, though...

After Hamza's rubbish AT scoring 10s, I really hope we avoid the same fate with the dreaded Samba. Unless it's actually proper great. I suspect the 10s will be flung at Helen this week too...

I think I half watched it last year as I was at my mum's, but after dinner and various drinks, I wasn't paying much attention. Also not as much fun with ZERO stakes. I couldn't tell you who was in it.

The dances always seem a bit shit coming a week after the final of the main series. If it wasn't so close to the series proper I think it would feel less inessential.

NAR:

1000000716.jpg

I was just thinking "well count me out" until one post later I'm now counting down the minutes. If ever there was a time to bring back the side pony tail Nic it's now.

Are the people who do the Xmas one just the standby celebs for the main series?

Are the people who do the Xmas one just the standby celebs for the main series?

They usually get one or two names who won't or can't commit to a full run for one reason or another (too busy, body not up to it/can't be botherd etc).

Some end up doing a full run further down the line like Helen or Matt Goss.

Some of the names for this year are rather weak though.

George Webster from CBeebies just announced as the final celebrity for Christmas Strictly.

Nicola is probably not winning... not that it matters for the special.

Last edited:
Thought Molly was excellent. I swear she sounds younger by the week though.

Lauren (the pro dancer with the short hair) does catch the eye as a supporting dancer. Not quite Johannes levels of stealing attention but I would be interested to see her with a Celeb next year.

One reason I couldn't do this show (yes, just the one) is that I couldn't give reactions to the scores. Unless just laughing in agreement if they were abysmal.

Fuck I forgot this was tonight

Hopefully so did everyone else except Fleur voters

Well I hope viewers don't remember her phone number. That was very underwhelming for this stage of the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom