Strictly 2021

If Geordie lass is not dancing off with Ramsay sprog or Breakfast man, I'll be gasping and pretending to not watch next week.

To have Tess killed live on air text KILL TESS LIVE ON AIR to 70410.

I'm so TV content starved I think I may very well watch Children in Need this year actually.

I do wish they’d celebrate stage musicals more and lay off the movies for musicals week, because what makes it any different from movies week?

YAY at AJ avoiding the dance off, NAY at another week of non-dancer Dan.

I think Tilly probably did win that dance off, it looked markedly cleaner than the first performance. I thought Sara was better too but not as noticeably. Shame to see her go but she has been so inconsistent (sometimes overscored) and I don't think she had much new to offer. Bless Aljaz :(

This week's elimination just feels so ARBITRARY, there was no reason for them to be in the bottom two and even less reason for them to go home.

My guns are fully turned in Rhys and Nancy's direction; they get overmarked each week, which leads me to believe their public vote must be in the absolute shitter. Saying that Charleston - which was sloppy as FUCK - was better than AJ's is a joke in itself, but topping the leaderboard in the same week that Rose and Giovanni did THAT routine is an absolute fucking insult.

I'm interested to see how the Jive goes next week for Rhys. The judges might be falling over themselves praising his energy again, but just as easily I can imagine him having a 'mare with the more precise elements to a degree that can't be ignored.

Watching. Rhys' partner seems to have aged 20 years and her head also seems to make up half her body weight.

Sara just announced bottom. Correct.

Ramsay sprog. Thank god. I'd be fine either going, but Tilly to go please as she's the better dancer and has the better chance of showing improvement to stay even longer.

I don't know why they're hyping up musicals week so much. It's not as if they'll have booked Madame Noodles herself Kimberly Walsh to treat us to Defying Gravity.

I do wish they’d celebrate stage musicals more and lay off the movies for musicals week, because what makes it any different from movies week?
I think the song Rose is dancing to is from the stage musical and not the movie.

But I agree, quite a few songs from movie week were from musicals anyway so why not just have one themed music from musicals and movie week.

At least it's not as ridiculous as DWTS US, which had a Queen night, followed by a Grease night, then a Janft Jackson night.

If I ever get one of those hair culture structure (sewn on wig things, whatever they're called) I may as well go the whole hog and give the poor hairdresser his picture.

Okay, enough was enough after all. Her dance off really showed her time was well expired.

I think the song Rose is dancing to is from the stage musical and not the movie.

But I agree, quite a few songs from movie week were from musicals anyway so why not just have one themed music from musicals and movie week.

At least it's not as ridiculous as DWTS US, which had a Queen night, followed by a Grease night, then a Janft Jackson night.
They’re doing Love Is An Open Door from Frozen which is from the movie, unless the stage version changed it in some way. not going to see it until next year.

I don’t mind so much for musical movies like that and The Sound of Music, but when they do songs from soundtrack based films like Footloose is silly. Technically it had a stage version, but it doesn’t count. It would be like doing Baby One More Time because it’s in “& Juliet”. There are just so many great songs properly written for musicals that need to be showcased more often.

Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood will miss this weekend's show after testing positive for Covid.

It is hoped that Horwood, 56, will return for the next episode, a Strictly spokeswoman said.

A Strictly spokeswoman said: "Craig Revel Horwood has tested positive for Covid-19 and is now self-isolating following the latest government guidelines. While Craig will not be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing this weekend, all being well he will return the following week."

Yes saw that announced on ITT tonight. The panel will feel very odd without him on Saturday.

Also lots of speculation that this may have been the last series for Aljaz after a piece in The S*n yesterday, and his post dance off speech.

Perhaps he's been tempted by the lure of next year's Freemans Christmas ad.

Everyone seems to love Aljaz. They played a little Mr & Mrs style game with Rose and Giovanni on ITT tonight and one of the questions was which pro would she want to dance with if not Gio... both of them wrote Aljaz with no hesitation.

I suspect Aljaz and Jeanette are keen to start a family, and he obviously misses his family in Slovenia, so perhaps this time next year they'll move there.

Or to Newcastle. :eyes:

AJ was wonderful.

Rhys I quite enjoyed. Tess squawking repeatedly about the mistake probably wasn't necessary.

Motsi’s wig this week is immense!

Watching on a 10 minute delay. The judges really do over-mark Rhys and I can’t work out why.

Last edited:
Not my favourite song/theme but another very good ballroom from Rose.

Giovanni stewing over that mistake :D

I don't get the obsession with John having to do both roles in the ballroom. He looks better leading, just have him do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom