Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Iguana

If I only could...
I don't think I even listened to this album at the time despite adoring Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer) but just gave it a spin and what a banger! It made me very happy

Sophie_Ellis-Bextor_-_Make_a_Scene.png

00 Revolution
00 Bittersweet
00 Off & On
00 Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
00 Not Giving Up On Love
00 Can't Fight This Feeling
00 Starlight
00 Under Your Touch
00 Make A Scene
00 Magic
00 Dial My Number
00 Homewrecker
00 Synchronised
00 Cut Straight To The Heart

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit of a hodge podge and doesn't really feel like a fully realised album, particularly with all the hit-chasing collaborations awkwardly thrown on, but there's definitely plenty worth going back to.

Starlight is one of my underrated Sophie faves. It randomly still gets played all the time in a chain of Yorkshire pubs called Vintage Inns so I hear it quite often when I'm finishing off a nice country stroll (or at least I used to :()

It feels like a Sophie playlist. All the tracks are very good or good but as a lump sum a bit exhausting to get through.

That said ‘Synchronized’ is one of the best songs she’s done.

She's one of those pop stars who a lot of people assume was 'big in Europe' who in reality really wasn't at all beyond Groovejet and Murder, but Not Giving Up On Love genuinely WAS huge in a few places, despite doing nothing here. It's her second biggest hit on Spotify behind Murder.

Shame she feels so incidental to it. Easily one of her most faceless moments. Give me Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer) any day.

Oh I absolutely LOVE Synchronised. Starlight and Magic are gorgeous electropop too.

I think the album might work better with the dance features tacked on the end as bonus tracks. Homewrecker is probably my least favourite song on the album though.

it's a fine album, even if as boysforseles says, it's more a compilation.

i love not giving up on love but it breaks the album.

I don't think I ever listened to the full album, but I can only echo the love for "Synchronised".

Sophie album rank:

1 Trip The Light Fantastic
2 Familia
3 Read My Lips
4 Wanderlust
5 Make A Scene
6 Shoot From The Hip

Trip the Light is an amazing album, this not so much

08 Revolution
08 Bittersweet (though the Freemasons Mix should have been used- 10)
09 Off and On
11 Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer
10 Not Giving Up On Love
09 Can’t Fight This Feeling
09 Starlight
08 Under Your Touch
07 Make a Scene
06 Magic
07 Dial My Number
07 Homewrecker
09 Synchronised
06 Cut Straight To The Heart

Shame she feels so incidental to it. Easily one of her most faceless moments. Give me Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer) any day.

This is my fave track of hers I think, after If You Go, I absolutely adore it :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom