Shaznay Lewis - Miracle/Kiss of Life + Pages (album 2)

Red Flag is a brilliant album. I loved that comeback. It seems like they can never really put their issues with each other completely aside though. Shaznay and Natalie that is. I think the rest of them get on with each other.

Did All Saints have much legacy as a touring act the first time around? I can remember them performing live on TV shows plenty of times and think they did festivals etc, but have no real memory of them as a touring force.

If that is the case, I'd say it's quite a difference to a few of the acts they have been compared to in this thread - Spice Girls, Steps, Girls Aloud particularly who all had reputations for multiple tours and big shows (to varying degrees) and had that nostalgia to fall back on when selling tickets again this time around - tens of thousands of fans who had seen them in arena shows all that time ago.

Even with those 5 #1 singles, if they never had that live legacy originally, I think it's a tough ask for them to develop one when they toured again in support of Red Flag or Testament, hence the smaller venues.

I still find the Spice Girls comparisons laughable. Other than them both being from the same era in time, the two sell entirely different products.

All Saints sell music.
Omg this is such a bad take I can’t breathe
4601687A-AECD-4D86-B80B-71C0C28EF079.jpeg

Slightly on topic - why is Black Coffee randomly back in the downloads charts?

I cannot get past funky predicting a Girls Aloud reunion in a post from yesterday :disco:

Did All Saints have much legacy as a touring act the first time around? I can remember them performing live on TV shows plenty of times and think they did festivals etc, but have no real memory of them as a touring force.
They toured the first album. I saw them live at the Brighton Dome in 1998 when I was 11 :disco: They played pretty much the whole first album plus Always Something There To Remind Me. I remember being aghast when they hadn't done Never Ever, because I didn't know about encores back then.

If that is the case, I'd say it's quite a difference to a few of the acts they have been compared to in this thread - Spice Girls, Steps, Girls Aloud particularly who all had reputations for multiple tours and big shows (to varying degrees) and had that nostalgia to fall back on when selling tickets again this time around - tens of thousands of fans who had seen them in arena shows all that time ago.

Even with those 5 #1 singles, if they never had that live legacy originally, I think it's a tough ask for them to develop one when they toured again in support of Red Flag or Testament, hence the smaller venues.

I can only see The All Saints Tour in 98-99 so they couldn’t have toured the Saints & Sinners album, but I think they split not long after it was released.

That LEWK is something :disco: I hope she leans more into visuals this album. She's so creative.

Last edited:
I am gagging to know what Shaz has got in her bag. The clip I heard ages ago sounded amazing - definitely worth dropping the Appletons at the prospect of sharing the stage with GALA at Hoopla over that's for sure :disco:

Although what I will say is that you really can't beat Natalie singing chorus. Sometimes is it better to let go (go)? We'll soon see!

Natalie's voice is gorgeous. It can somehow sound both soft AND grungy.

The other sister I don't really need though.

Song sounds very promising, but it's definitely missing some Natalie and Mel vocals in the mix (plus Nicole whispering along in the background I guess).

Yes listened last night, its really good and I think it will grow. Euphoric sounding on the chorus. Yep I couldn't help thinking this sounds like an All Saints comeback song and probably would have been if they'd have done another album right now. I do think the chorus would sound lovely will Mel and Nat! Good track though, need to listen more today.

Yes listened last night, its really good and I think it will grow. Euphoric sounding on the chorus. Yep I couldn't help thinking this sounds like an All Saints comeback song and probably would have been if they'd have done another album right now. I do think the chorus would sound lovely will Mel and Nat! Good track though, need to listen more today.
I'm sure if Shaznay had her way, it probably would've been an All Saints song lol. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that the other three girls aren't interested in being independent artists funding their music via touring. Mel in particular seems happy just living off the money made from the group...

As for the track, I love it. Very All Saints as has been said.

Agreed Tommii - I would love another Appleton album, or for Natalie to do something solo. I was thinking if she didn't strike after The Masked Singer then she wouldn't, she seems pretty happy in her Prodigy bubble. I am not saying the world would be set alight but some small shows a guest vocalist on a track or something would go down a treat

Reactions: COB
10/10. It's definitely recognizably All Saints. But I specifically love Shaz' vocals. I'll take anything from any or all of them.

Also, she liked my comment on her Instagram post 🤭

Has ANYONE brought up the comparison with Germany's Eurovision HOT SHOT WINNER Ann Sophie? The "Miracle" bits are the same as the main chorus.

Queens supporting queens! :disco: :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom