S12: Grand Finale

Gigi now really should win next All Stars.

Gigi will have an EXCELLENT run on All Stars. She is outrageously talented as a queen and I do love her - her only fault is her ego and youthful precociousness. Her daft actions over the past week in the approach to the FINALE demonstrate that. A few years to grow up a bit will do her good(e), hopefully.

I don’t think she got the crown because of what’s happening in America and she’s black. To say so is a massive disservice to her incredible season.

She’d been on a massive upward trajectory versus a down spin for Gigi and one win for Crystal. She deserved the win.

Ok most of it was filler but I loved the individual lip syncs (except Jaida's) - the situation really allowed for their creativity to FLOURISH :enya:

Ok most of it was filler but I loved the individual lip syncs (except Jaida's) - the situation really allowed for their creativity to FLOURISH :enya:

Yep Jaidas was SHIT, she was lucky she didn't get the chop after that .. but she totally won that final lip sync.

Hope they take this idea forward of them choosing and performing their own lip sync song in the final.

Based on those individual lip syncs Jaida should not have moved on.

it was bizarre that came after Gigi’s

That said she read Survivor so much better than the other two

Yes, why was he wearing these? Is it because he hasn't had botox in a while?

Reactions: Zu
First of all: WTF at Ru. He looked so disgusting. I can't believe he let that go out to air like that.

I thought Crystal was an absolute hot mess throughout this episode and it really showed the limitations of her style of drag. In this context she couldn't win. And personally I thought Gigi came across as pretty cunty with all her 'I don't know if that's cocky or humble'... Um... well it definitely wasn't humble love.

In Survivor I didn't look at Crystal once - Gigi and Jaida were so far ahead of her, she was a distance 3rd place.

Right winner. A solid strong final 5 this season, though none was truly exceptional to rival the very best - which made for a more interesting last few episodes as I thought any of them could have won. So overall, a decent season.

Oh and finally: I don't think I've hated a queen more than I do Brita. Every time she was on screen she looked so obnoxious. I hope we never see her again.

He looked like a RAPIST.

I did think there was a certain MARTIN DEGVILLE influence :disco:

fb3076f592d42a8ca2fa650e229ec1c6

Is it just me who thinks he almost ALWAYS looks awful as a man anyway? (I was going to say SANS DRAG but we’re all born naked and, etc.) I don’t care if those suits are Epstein, Parker and Klein or whatever they are! They’re HORRIBLE!

I thought Gigi's lipsync was the best, but I guess her social media fuckups sealed the deal for Jaida. Ru looked horrible alright, that Fantômas/Phantom of the Opera cosplay look wasn't IT.

Sorry, but Gigi slayed the finale and I feel deserved the win. Not least because Jaida’s solo lip sync was absolutely APPALLING.

Agreed, if we're basing it on the finale then Gigi won the three syncs combined by a mile. At this point I only ever expected a Jaida win though (which I'm happy with), even after all that, which shows the finales are often just a formality and the decision has already been made.

I would say Jaida was the worst on the night - Gigi was consistent with some amazing ideas, and Crystal despite falling off a cliff in the other two had the best moment of the night maybe even the SEASON with that "I'm Like A Bird" shtick.

But then it was a bit weird seeing Gigi with that A-ha video get up, and then Jaida with NOTHING :D Were there limitations for each queen or could they effectively get what they wanted? I can full well imagine Gigi having access to ALL AND SUNDRY, with poor Jaida having fuck all except a webcam! In which case, benefit of the doubt, but if not that's some shoddy work on Jaida's part, especially after what Crystal put together.

Hun, just having a webcam is no excuse

You’re on the finale of drag race, her schitck in thst solo lip sync is basically what we all do when we close the curtains. :D

I think Jaida showed you don't need a high concept or props if you can just perform the shit out of a song!

Anyway definitely the right winner in the end - none of them were perfect and both Gigi and Jaida had some real lows which made it difficult, but I'd say Jaida had the better run overall and is a hell of a lot more likeable.

I think, by the very end I preferred Crystal though and if I rewatch the season (in about 5 years!) I imagine I'll appreciate her full run a lot more. I only came around to her towards the end, though arguably that was her peak anyway. Trouble is she verges on "costumey" and you get to the point where it's like, what's Crystal gonna be this week? A clipboard? A TIN OPENER? Yet god bless every second of her and out of all of them she's the one I'd want to go see in a heartbeat.

Hoping they keep the solo song choice part though, such a refreshing change up and really shows who's got the imagination/parents who'll do anything

Hun, just having a webcam is no excuse

You’re on the finale of drag race, her schitck in thst solo lip sync is basically what we all do when we close the curtains. :D

Well, yeah :D But I was just trying to give an explanation for it.

I don't buy it though - they all had the identical backgrounds in the final lip sync (that was physically there, right? Not computer generated? :confused:) in which I'm guessing they had plenty of time to order what they needed for the solo stuff.

I suppose no matter how you spin it Jaida put in the least effort, though she still managed to out lip sync Crystal in the close up/Survivor ones.

I've read on Facebook (via Reddit) that Gigi originally shot her Take On Me in a studio, but was then told to redo it at home? Either way though, Jaida's show displayed a lack of imagination if nothing else. Mind you, I went to Milwaukee for the day once and there was fuck all there. I doubt she had the best resources at her disposal.

Last edited:
I see Crystal has announced a UK tour for November. I think I'd be interested, but for the fact buying tickets for anything feels ludicrous at present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom