S12: Grand Finale

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
First couple of minutes with the queens' 'lewks'

I really would be happy with any of them, but have come around to wanting Jaida. Still think they will go with Gigi though.

Gigi has had a terrible few days on the socials. Her winning would be a shame, I think. I can't really stand Crystal so it's Jaida all the way for me.

Instagram follower update (change since May 9th)

694k Gigi Goode (+125k)
541k Crystal Methyd (+161k)
418k Heidi N Closet (+101k)
415k Nicky Doll (+36k)
381k Jan (+28k)
378k Jackie Cox (+72k)
367k Jaida Essence Hall (+112k)
312k Rock M Sakura (+17k)
226k Dahlia Sin (+17k)
157k Widow Von'Du (+13k)
150k Aiden Zhane (+7k)
122k Brita Filter (+5k)
55k Sherry Pie (+2.5k)

What happened with Gigi on social media?
Posted "I can't breathe" in relation to the finale around the time of the George Floyd incident. Obviously unrelated but extremely foolish.

Posted a hollow thread on Twitter about how she isn't politically aware but is trying. Just... not great. Also a collaboration with Jeffree Star.

What happened with Gigi on social media?
First she appeared to break quarantine to film a makeup video with Jefree Star (who's had various racism scandals in the past), then she made a tweet about being excited for the finale using the phrase "I can't breathe". She clearly didn't mean anything by it, but it was pointed out to her that those were the last words of several black people killed by the police, including George Floyd who was just killed a couple of days ago, so it didn't look GREAT. Gigi deleted the tweet obviously, then posted a thread where she tried to clear things up. I think her heart's in the right place but it's all very clumsy, and as she's said previously she doesn't really take notice of politics if she can help it... it led to a few people questioning whether she's who the show should be crowning at the moment, particularly in an election year season when they've been pushing for viewers to register to vote at the end of every episode etc.

Reactions: dUb
If they don’t crown Jaida after the last few days in the US then there really is something VERY WRONG

Minor, but SYMBOLIC and DESERVED
But Jaida is the worst of the 3 (IMO), does she deserve to win for things that happened that have nothing to do with the show? Now that's wrong if you ask me. Not that I would be surprised that mama Ru crowns her as the winner, of course. :rolleyes:

Nothing new from Crystal ahead of the finale

Reactions: Zu
But Jaida is the worst of the 3 (IMO), does she deserve to win for things that happened that have nothing to do with the show? Now that's wrong if you ask me. Not that I would be surprised that mama Ru crowns her as the winner, of course. :rolleyes:

She deserves to win as she’s done the best in my opinion, and to not-crown her in a week where Gigi has made several TONE DEAF statements on social media amongst an incredibly angry racial/political situation would be a huge misstep on behalf of the shows production

+ Crystal has won ONE CHALLENGE :D

Reactions: dUb
She deserves to win as she’s done the best in my opinion, and to not-crown her in a week where Gigi has made several TONE DEAF statements on social media amongst an incredibly angry racial/political situation would be a huge misstep on behalf of the shows production

+ Crystal has won ONE CHALLENGE :D
I understand this and I'm sure she'll be crown the winner. Don't get me wrong, for me they're all good enough to win, specially if we compare it to some other seasons, so I'll be happy for any of them. I personally think Gigi deserves it more than the other two, and it's a shame she's not gonna win because she did nothing really wrong, but you have those loons overreacting over anything on twitter 24 hours, so she's probably fucked. But then, Al*ska had a terrible last week and she still won. Yes, this is more serious than that and very different, but glad to know that twitter doesn't dictate who should win. At least not all the time.

I'm also here for a Jaida win. Early in the season she didn't strike me as a winner (despite winning the first challenge!?) - but now she really feels like the right one, even though it is pretty close in my eyes.

It could be any of them really, but I'm only slightly #TeamCrystal (I think?). That 'look' in that video though, girl, no.

I'll be fine with whoever wins, that's my final thought.

Jaida won the q&a, Crystal was fine but a bit slight and Gigi felt canned.

Crystal’s I’m Like a Bird :D

Reactions: GNL
It’s difficult for the other 2 to make an impression after that.

Yeah that song was made for Jaida. But Crystal’s costume was also beautiful.

The right winner.

I actually quite enjoyed that, definitely as good as the live finale.

I love Crystal but she’s not on the same level as the other two.

Gigi and Jaeda have both done very well this season and deserves this. I couldn’t tell whom I wanted the most. And after the final lip sync, I thought Jaeda did the best.

It’s also really nice to have a pagent (sp?) queen as a winner... when was the last time we had one?

OMG at Crystal's I'm Like A Bird :D

The final lip sync felt underwhelming, and as ever the actual winner announcement was very rushed, but I definitely think the right queen won in the end.

LOOK OVER THERE!

Sorry, but Gigi slayed the finale and I feel deserved the win. Not least because Jaida’s solo lip sync was absolutely APPALLING.

MEH at the final in general to be honest, but I guess there wasn’t much more they could do.

And WTF is going on with Ru? She looked appalling. Surely bad work?

And yes, Crystal was definitely the level below the other two. How dare you turn up to a finale lip sync without a trick up your sleeve.

What a shitfest really. Doing this via webcam might have been ok for the reunion but the final it was pathetic. Ru not bothering (or being able really) to turn up in drag for the finale of a drag show, I mean :rolleyes: Also, I can't with Gigi's 'I deserve this' speech, your mom made you a dozen costumes, get over your own 'merit' you privileged child :rolleyes:

Thank fuck for Crystal's I'm like a Bird. And Jaida's win.

The Dolly cameo :disco: and Heidi’s guide to social distancing were also highlights for me.

I thought Heidi’s guide was rather cringey.

Mama Gigi’s funny Midwest accent however gave me life.

They all have friends and people making outfits for them, why would Gigi’s mother doing outfits for her discredit Gigi? I’m sick of such nonsense.

They all have friends and people making outfits for them, why would Gigi’s mother doing outfits for her discredit Gigi? I’m sick of such nonsense.
Because she kept bringing it up as some sort of MERIT. The others didn't. Simple as that.

I didn’t refer to this moment, but I’ve seen comments about her mum doing her outfits several times before.

I thought it was absolutely fine as finales go and definitely the right girl won. Jaida really is all class if rather old school glamour and to be honest, not the freshest winner they've had. Plus that final orange outfit was horrible. Still, it had to be her.

Gigi put up a fierce fight though and definitely won the up close lip sync for me. The outfit reveals at the end were good too.

Crystal's I'm Like A Bird was bonkers (the regurgitation :D) but everything else faded into the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom