Lady Gaga - Artpop

i can't believe i'm telling you this!!!

• Total voters
I think there's a very thin line between creativity and self indulgence. Madonna's awareness of her own limitations and willingness to work with others to bring out the best in her own talents and theirs are why she had the career she had and Gaga imploded so quickly IMO.

I don't disagree. Madonna was a ruthless, commerically minded business woman. I'm more interested in ART and POP than business, regardless of the commerical success.

I don't disagree. Madonna was a ruthless, commerically minded business woman. I'm more interested in ART and POP than business, regardless of the commerical success.

But my point is that Madonna's acumen resulted in much better pop music than the messy self indulgence and constant repetition of the same musical beats that characterises Gaga's career.

Also, how many amazingly creative and interesting ideas has Gaga had, REALLY?

Loads. Her whole persona is like a study in fame. She personally creates a lot of her music which certainly isn't repetitive to my ears. She gets it wrong spectacularly sometimes, but it only serves to make her more interesting. I'm not trying to argue that she's not far more of a niche act than Madonna. But she's, without doubt, more creative and more talented.

In all fairness though, Madonna did recycle a lot of her work, especially earlier in her career.

But my point is that Madonna's acumen resulted in much better pop music than the messy self indulgence and constant repetition of the same musical beats that characterises Gaga's career.

Gaga's only released 3.5 albums, so I think it's difficult to draw a comparison. Personally, I think Gaga's got a better repetoire than Madonna had at the same stage. There's no definitve answer. I just prefer Gaga. You prefer basic artists. It's fine.

Judaa-la-la-la :eyes:

That song was five years ago. How many songs on ARTPOP sounded a thing like Judas? If anything she had her greatest commercial success when she was recycling her ideas.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer to just enjoy Gags for what she is, which is an boundlessly ridiculous, endlessly productive source of amazing pop hooks.

I don't subscribe to the internet thought piece generation, except if done à la Daniel :disco:

Better than I remembered, still no 11 for me...

08 Aura
09 Venus
10 G.U.Y.
07 Sexx Dreams
06 Jewels N Drugs
05 Manicure
10 Do What U Want
09 Artpop
07 Swine
09 Donatella
08 Fashion
08 Mary Jane Holland
08 Dope
09 Gypsy
07 Applause

Overall = 8

(BTW = 8.2)

That song was five years ago. How many songs on ARTPOP sounded a thing like Judas? If anything she had her greatest commercial success when she was recycling her ideas.

Gypsy has that typical Gaga formula of repeated sounds plus it's basically You & I and Edge of Glory combined.

Been rinsing this album the last few days. I genuinely love it! Why on earth it gets so much stick is beyond me o_O O_o o.O O.o

Sexxx Dreams :love::love:

Fashion! :love::love::love:

Applause :love:

Wow, RobotBoy was properly fucking obnoxious when it came to ol' GAGS wasn't he

I would cut Manicure, Mary Jane Holland, Swine, Dope and the disgusting Fashion! So yep, a solid 10 tracker.

Artpop the song really is a work of DIVINE WONDER

Could try to sell you OUT OR I
Could show you all the REASONS WHY
my artpop could mean ANYTHING

:disco:

I think her problem is how susceptible she is to employing rubbishy gimmicks into her music to try and be 'creative' and it's undoubtedly pretentious. The majority of the album is just DROWNING in silly lines and catch phrases. Great for us Online Gaez, but no wonder it flopped.

Despite that, some good tracks regardless. I love GUY.

I'm saying it wasn't

GREAT middle 8 which recalls the very best of Gaga but everything around is total laboured shite. That chorus is a BIG OL' NOTHIN'

I really don't think she would bring back the crazy outfits + antics this time around, I bet the pressure's on her regarding MELODIES, HOOKS and EXCENTRIC SONG TITLES

gimme a dated Red One 2010 beat over the INSIPID TURGID SHITE cobbling most fo the Top 10 nowadays.

I mean, sure, Drake's In My Feelings is kind of a bop but XXXTentacion, 6ix9nine (however you spell that cunt's name) and OFFSET songs could even put DIDO And Norah Jones to SLEEP from boredom.

I never have the urge to listen to any of it aside from "Do What U Want" these days, to be honest. And I had a lot of time for "Fashion", "Mary Jane Holland", "Sexxxx Dreams", "Gypsy" etc in 2013.

I need a Do What U Want XTINA SOLO version in my life because the cuntiness of that song could only be truly done properly by the Queen herself. Gaga should have given it away.

WRITE what you want
HA!
Say What you WANT about me
SAY!!
If you wanna KNOW then I'm NOT SORRY
DO what you WANT what you WANT with my BODY what you WANT with my body
WORLD
Ha
WHAT !

GAGA ARTPOP EP 2020

1. Applausé (Applesauce Appals Edit)
2. Do What U Want (Xtina Solo)
3. G.U.Y.C.U.N.T. (Feat Willam & Alaska Thunderfuck 5000)
4. ArtPop
5. Gypsy

End.

What happened to Robotboy? Was there a particular reason he left? I didn't always agree with his opinions but I always liked him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom