Katy Perry - Album 6

Jark

User
The S*n says her lead single is coming within a month. "dance pop" apparently.

what do you want / expect / need from this? what should Katy Perry be doing in 2022?

I am ready to engage stan mode again. Katy is one of the best all-round entertainers in pop and I'm just a silly slut for her voice.

she also has several collabs with DJs on the cards for this summer.

The S*n says her lead single is coming within a month. "dance pop" apparently.

what do you want / expect / need from this? what should Katy Perry be doing in 2022?
I think she should just make whatever she wants to make. She's probably not going to have a hit, but maybe she will if the song is well received

I wish she would go a bit dark and incorporate more guitars in her songs. Let your inner angst come through Katherine, it's time. We all know it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Her music career is so busted. But I want a comeback from her, she was fun having on the charts. You can't keep a good basic bitch down.

Yeah I’d say dance pop is a fairly clear concept in contrast to what she normally does. Sure the line is hard to define because it’s more of a spectrum like all music, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to categorise them.

Like Roar, ET, Dark Horse I wouldn’t say are dance pop at all, but Walking on Air, 365 are pretty clear.

Maybe OutSynk is just being a bugger as usual

I don't think enough people ever bought into "her' enough for her to be able to stage a significant come back. She wad very much an act that was only ever as good as her last hit, in spite of having a stream of those in the early 2010s.

I mean I guess she has a fan base because everyone does to some extent - I always forget QUITE how big she was in the early ‘10s, which is of course totally unsustainable.

I’d call myself a casual fan but the way she was just wholesale ditched was really shitty

I actually find it very shady and highly questionable to take away from the legacy of a woman who's achieved so much by saying she was 'only ever as good as her last hit'. the absolute fucking disrespect.

Pass that pop corn.

I must say, I took note of that Lady Kier vs Alda on acid tour she did and have been meaning to catch up on her singles parade ever since.

I don't think enough people ever bought into "her' enough for her to be able to stage a significant come back. She wad very much an act that was only ever as good as her last hit, in spite of having a stream of those in the early 2010s.

I really agree with this. I don't even know who Katy Perry directly appeals to. She always seemed more like a packaged brand than a person. Maybe it was the apparent desperate need to always remain relevant. To be fair she managed it a lot longer than I would have expected. She just seems so dispensable for someone who has had so many massive hits.

She was always too basic. Hormonal teens with the attention span of a fish are not gonna go for MOR supermarket music, when they can be feeling their oats from the more scandalous pop of Rihanna, Gaga, and Cardi.

She just seems so dispensable for someone who has had so many massive hits.

I don't usually agree with funks but, she was cursed by DR. LUKE (and Bonnie to a lesser extent).

At least they helped cement her status for a long time.

I think Katy's issue is that she doesn't appeal to gen-Z. Lady Gaga is similar, she just has a big enough fanbase to get around it

I think Katy's issue is that she doesn't appeal to gen-Z. Lady Gaga is similar, she just has a big enough fanbase to get around it

It's a challenge, but thankfully if anyone is capable of releasing a 2 minute jingle to wobble your bits to on Tik Tok, it's Ms Hudson-Perry-Bloom :disco:

• Love
Reactions: RJN
I actually find it very shady and highly questionable to take away from the legacy of a woman who's achieved so much by saying she was 'only ever as good as her last hit'. the absolute fucking disrespect.
I don't mean it disrespectfully. I quite like a lot of her hits. She probably had as many hits as the likes of Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce, Kylie etc at their peaks, but for whatever reason, there doesn't seem to be either a significant hard-core fan base or enough interest from the causal listener as to what she does next. Her contemptories don't seem to have this problem. And that is what I mean by she is only as good as her last hit. Happy to be proved wrong if she pulls off a comeback!

She obviously achieved a lot, and that should be celebrated.

I would agree that she is more in the category with Black Eyed Peas, or perhaps Pink prior to the last couple of albums, that she is more of a ‘on the radio‘ artist, and doesn’t really command the hardcore fan base that other female artists do. Perhaps being more of a general public artist and more going with current trends than carving out a complete sound of her own?

This thread is a bit messy, no?

The thread:

tusareve-katy.gif

Hot Just Eat collabs is what she should be doing in 2022. Oh, wait...

Get those Bon Appétit streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom