Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

Let's exchange the experience...

• Total voters
I'm just going to wait until there's an official announcement from the UK Charts Company or the great lady herself re hitting the million selling mark. They're both being very quick to ride the current wave of love.

Did the 2012 remix sell that much, given its chart run?

I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the confusion (well, I'd be confused) of streaming sales counting differently to weekly sales and total sales that @ManicKangaroo referred to a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday my mother said to me "I'm getting a little bit sick of Running Up That Hill to be honest"

It's going to be difficult to never speak to her again but she left me with no other choice

My mum has always hated Kate Bush because she says she's got a "horrible shrieky voice".

'December Will Be Magic Again' is the only track she used to skip on the Christmas CD I made her years ago.

I have only just got RUTH means. I thought it was some Sasha Fierce alter ego

At least it's in the top 5 and really crashing out of the shart like Bionic or MDNA did (yes I know those were ALBAMS and not SINGALS but you know what I mean)

#7 and #10 are the only two positions it hasn't had in the Top Ten, so I'd quite like her to hit those on the way down. Just not for a month or two, please.

Last edited:
Can she make a deal with God, or the official charts company, and make ACR fuck off once more?

This is at least partly due to the ACR rule applying to RUTH again, so her streams are halved. She's still number 1 on UK Spotify
And actually went back up to #1 last week in the UK cities she had fallen to #2 in the week before.

I wonder how high she’ll finish in the END OF YEAR CHART :disco:

The OCC are just putting the songs in a hat these days and drawing the year end chart at the Christmas party.
I mean if RUTH is drawn as #1 (or Space Man :disco:) I wouldn’t mind!

So nice for it to be her best song :disco:

• Love
Reactions: GNL
She may be able to get back up to 3

1 LF SYSTEM - Afraid to Feel (17,801)
2 Harry Styles - As It Was (14,755)
3 Beyoncé - BREAK MY SOUL (11,453)
4 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (11,400)

When did the new episodes drop? I'll do some digging...

Global Spotify streams.

July 6th 7.304m (#1)
July 5th 7.289m (#1)
July 4th 7.183m (#1)
July 3rd 6.726m (#1)
July 2nd 7.004m (#1)
July 1st 6.436m (#2)
June 30th 5.78m (#3)
June 29th 5.641m (#3)
June 28th 5.610m (#3)
June 27th 5.502m (#3)

I do hope she's treating herself to a new conservatory. Or perhaps a loft conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom