Julia. New HBO series (starring Sarah Lancashire!!!)

Oh good. More HBO joy for me to enjoy 🥰

My streaming service of choice for sure. I don’t know what it is about HBO shows but they just “look” better.

Last edited:
God Sarah Lancashire looks amazing in this, but it's a bit of a shame that she's following Meryl Streep doing the exact same performance and not all that long ago.

Seems an odd choice for a HBO film/series but I'll give it a go - I did really enjoy the movie.

I'm sure the appeal is more built in for a US audience and I haven't seen the Streep film, but a couple of episodes in I am enjoying this. Lancashire is typically wonderful.

It feels like a Netflix show but it’s been quite lovely. I love all the female characters.

She looks a bit like Madge from Home & Away brushing her hair out in episode 2 around the 15 minutes mark.

I hate to do this (okay I love to do this), but the beautifully icy Judith reminds me of Sarah Blackwood.

Is this finally Queen national treasure S.Lanc getting worldwide recognition? :disco:

Oh you're kidding, episode 5 isn't until 2am tomorrow. I thought the whole series was already dolloped to download.

Absolutely. I'm also loving seeing Bebe in this setting too.

But I'm here to ask about the movie - is it just as good?

That was a cute finale.

How have I missed all this time up until now that Simca is played by Isabella Rossellini?

It's finished? I thought episode 7 only aired the other night. Oh well, can't wait to see it and also the film.

I think you’re a couple of days behind (is it shown on tv in the UK?)

I know it’s a all sweet and lovely, but I really can’t think of any other show where each and every main and supporting role is so lovable!

Now that I’ve been home and sick I’ve binge watched all three new episodes that were released the other day. It’s such a delight, even better than the first season. I want the whole world to watch it.

All the characters are adorable (well maybe not the male tv producers) and have been given their own subplots. I’m especially in love with Avis and Judith.

Oh what a lovely surprise that it's already started back. I hope Max isn't a channel hop and I'll still catch it on god knows whatever package I have with Sky.

You’re in for a treat!

Nothing much really happens but it’s such a joy to watch.

Second season is quite the drag, not surprising it got canned (unless something amazing happens in the last two episodes).

The acting and production values are still amazing but the storylines just aren’t there.

Just finished the series. Agree it was lovely to revisit the characters again but it felt like the story was told last time and it was all kind of bitty. I wasn't feeling the FBI stuff especially. Loved seeing Alice so happy in the last episode.

Ending it there was the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom