Jesy Nelson's solo career - BOYZ ft. Nicki Minaj out now + not very good + problematic + unimpressed label + DROPPED + Bad Thing + now white

I think this whole thing will

• Total voters
I think this thread documents that first week perfectly - the "could go either way" anticipation, the frankly horrendous reality, followed by the unedifying aftermath. A genuinely unpleasant week or two of media.

Fep93PmXgAYbbRe

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

SHE kicked off her solo career in 2021 with one of the most controversial debuts of all time.

Despite landing an epic collaboration with Nicki Minaj for No4 track Boyz, Jesy Nelson found herself swamped by accusations of cultural appropriation.

But after taking time out, the former Little Mix singer is ready to give music another go.

The Sun can reveal the Shout Out To My Ex singer will film the music video for her make-or-break comeback single next week.

The shoot will take place over two days at a top secret location with Jesy locking herself in rehearsals ever since returning from her loved-up holiday to Jamaica.

A source said: "Jesy knows the single has to be a hit and is giving her all in rehearsals.

"She has full choreography in the video so as soon as she got back from her holiday she has been going all out in the dance studio.

"Filming is all locked in and will take place over two days in a few days time."

After splitting with her record label Polydor last summer, it's thought Jesy is open to footing a large proportion of the bill herself.

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

SHE kicked off her solo career in 2021 with one of the most controversial debuts of all time.

Despite landing an epic collaboration with Nicki Minaj for No4 track Boyz, Jesy Nelson found herself swamped by accusations of cultural appropriation.

But after taking time out, the former Little Mix singer is ready to give music another go.

The Sun can reveal the Shout Out To My Ex singer will film the music video for her make-or-break comeback single next week.

The shoot will take place over two days at a top secret location with Jesy locking herself in rehearsals ever since returning from her loved-up holiday to Jamaica.

A source said: "Jesy knows the single has to be a hit and is giving her all in rehearsals.

"She has full choreography in the video so as soon as she got back from her holiday she has been going all out in the dance studio.

"Filming is all locked in and will take place over two days in a few days time."

After splitting with her record label Polydor last summer, it's thought Jesy is open to footing a large proportion of the bill herself.
Jesy looking a few shades lighter than usual in that gif :disco:

An update for all the Jesynators!

JESY NELSON has secretly made another step towards her return.

I can reveal that the ex-Little Mix star has quietly filmed a music video for her long-awaited second single.

The singer recorded a promo for her new song Cried Out on a locked-down set at Twickenham Studios in South West London on Friday.

It was directed by her ex Harry James.

He was the man behind the dance-heavy, controversial vid for her debut solo single Boyz, with US super-rapper Nicki Minaj last year, which was hit with accusations of “blackfishing”.

The fallout eventually led to Jesy — who left the girlband in 2020 — parting ways with her record label Polydor to explore independent options.

A music insider revealed: “This new record marks a fresh start for Jesy — she’s had a year to get over the drama of her ill-fated first single,
which was actually met with a lot of critical positivity, and has put the episode behind her.

“She’s poured a lot of her feelings into the lyrics and hopes that the track will mark the beginning of a new era for her. She’s excited and raring to go.”

Jesy, who is dating rapper Zion Foster, has been in and out of recording studios in both the UK and the US all year working hard on honing her sound.

The title is making me think this is the emotional, career saving, stripped down ballid about the haters and the forum witches.

I'm expecting tears, no makeup, no hype, no gloss, no pretense, maybe an artfully posed Instagram picture of Jesy reading White Fragility and looking thoughtful.

The title is making me think this is the emotional, career saving, stripped down ballid about the haters and the forum witches.

I'm expecting tears, no makeup, no hype, no gloss, no pretense, maybe an artfully posed Instagram picture of Jesy reading White Fragility and looking thoughtful.

She's no longer talking to white people about race, and her life has never been better.

Loving these neverending festive names that looks like if everyone liked your posts and everybody is stanning Jesy when it's actually 2 or 3 :D

I will not apologise for her until she apologises for herself but I do think she has an absurd amount of baggage she hasn't quite dealt with yet (and has dealt with up until this point really quite badly). There's something genuinely tragic in the manner of her departure / solo career being the thing that actually has brought to bear all her worst fears about how she was viewed by the public when she was in the band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom