Elon Musk is terrible

Don't know about X content creation but I have a friend who got into Twitch and does that as their main full time job. Even with staff. In all honesty I 1) have been subscribed to them for ages now, initially out of "wanting to support a friend on their ambitions" then just not wanting to withdraw it and 2) have only actually watched a handful of times and whenever I did the whole thing was... very meta. People are throwing quite a lot of money at the screen to watch them react to having money thrown at them. Sometimes it's more like, generic life advice stuff (and fair enough, sometimes it takes a confident voice to get people to listen to advice) but most of the time it's the money throwing loop or responding to chat comments.

I genuinely wish them the best with it, but it really is such a very modern way of earning a living. I can't decide whether it's a sign of late stage capitalism itself, or what comes after it.- where eventually if we want to pay each other pretty much *for the sake of paying/supporting them*, we can sack off a lot of the existing system. I don't know. A lot of it is people being generous for a moment of attention which I can't see as sustainable.

Must be a lot harder to hold a job creating stuff for Twitter though. I think they have tips now so maybe it works out.

What happened with the removal of blocking, did he go through with it? I read that that was against digital legislation or something...

a2ozolxtr9nb1.jpg

New single child dropped.

Well that's it then, isn't it? I still browse (very rarely actually Tweet) because I can't be bothered getting started on a new thing, but there's no way I'm paying for that shit.

PLEASE let that be true. It would finally put a pin in that cesspit. I miss early Twitter but it's not coming back so, c'mon Elmu, do the paywall, set us free.

I mean it all depends. Remember when WhatsApp wanted to charge users 99p per years after the first year? I’d still pay that, but not a monthly charge.

I'm expecting Bluesky to ramp up the invite codes again, as they seem to do whenever there's news of a new stupid Twitter decision :eyes:

Well that's it then, isn't it? I still browse (very rarely actually Tweet) because I can't be bothered getting started on a new thing, but there's no way I'm paying for that shit.

I thought this was some old unverified news. But it seems like more sources are reporting it.

I'm expecting Bluesky to ramp up the invite codes again, as they seem to do whenever there's news of a new stupid Twitter decision :eyes:
I’m seeing a lot of Bluesky profiles popping up on Twitter now. But having to have an invite code is a bit shit!

Someone needs to shove a global population growth timeline in her face and then ask her again what is so worrying about being childless

I’m sure people would have more kids if everything wasn’t so EXPENSIVE. I’m 35 and can barely support MYSELF.

Someone needs to shove a global population growth timeline in her face and then ask her again what is so worrying about being childless

I wouldn't imagine they're worried about that. I'm certain they have a plan for how to make space for all the white babies women should be having with Elon Musk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom