Dua Lipa — Illusion + Radical Optimism

Dua Lipa sang backup on STOP by the Spice Girls

Dua Lipa impersonated Lee Steps on the Christmas with Steps Tour sporting a buzz cut. "It's a good thing he barely had any vocals on their songs cause I get vocal fatigue easily" the Massive Attack singer claims.

Massive Attack PLEADED for Dua to appear on “I Want You” for the Marvin Gaye tribute album but Dua declined because Marvin DOESN’T HAVE THE RANGE. One octave singer Madonna chosen instead.

they're under the stairs at the piscina de montjuïc :disco: there'd better be a sneaky lil Slow reference or two, you know Dua's a stan

Not feeling the song at all (sounds too much like Massive Attack) but the video looks good and she is moving her body in it.

That looks much better than I was anticipating (and easily the best of the three videos we have had).

Massive Attack could NEVER

she’s so stunning and I fall for her each time even if she releases the same song over and over

She seems to have settled into Becky Hill / Ella Henderson territory. Sounds like Calvin Harris shit out a backing track for her in 5 minutes.

Probably be huge again. But Future Nostalgia this is NOT.

I wonder if thar red outfit is Balenciaga? That could be the nod to Kylie right there.

I had the same thought :D it's a Slow ref for sure. Dua is a Kylie fan!

She seems to have settled into Becky Hill / Ella Henderson territory. Sounds like Calvin Harris shit out a backing track for her in 5 minutes.

Probably be huge again. But Future Nostalgia this is NOT.

I'm setting my expectations for the album a little below Future Nostalgia... but based on what we've heard so far she is still rather removed from the realms of Hill and Henderson.

Clearly, she's more of a Diana Vickers/Amelia Lily by releasing genre-defying POP BANGERS too HOT for the charts.

Well that sounds fucking amazing yet again

Reactions: LTZ
I'm sorry this sounds utter DERIVATIVE BOLLOCKS

Houdini at least had something about it. This however really is just Becky Hill does Love Island.

Lock Massive Attack up for Dua's own good!

Last edited:

she's not had a great video since Levitating but this is gonna be THE ONE

This looks promising, have a feeling I'll like each of these pre album singles better than the previous..

Have we completely lost optimism at this point or is anyone clinging onto hope

Users who are viewing this thread

• Alex
Back
Top Bottom