Dan Wootton accused of Sexual Harassment

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
I might spin this off into its own thread if the story picks up, but this Twitter thread on Dan Wootton contains actually serious allegations and first hand testimony, and should be a massive scandal.

I might spin this off into its own thread if the story picks up, but this Twitter thread on Dan Wootton contains actually serious allegations and first hand testimony, and should be a massive scandal.

Spin it off! Definitely deserves to be a separate thread - it's now trending.

Can our own Guardian writer @VoR send this to Pippa Crear?

Just waiting for the S^n to break the news of THIS story!

I wonder what that SOUR OLD BITCH :kim: will have to say about THIS.

Predict Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Can't stand Vorderman and all her supporting cast of very online UK Twitter liberals, who seem to have picked up the worst traits of the histrionic anti-Trump posters from the US without any of their deranged charm. I really should just delete Twitter at this point. #ToryFascistDictatorship #JohnsonOut420

Just a quick check for the forrins in the room: this one is related to the snu so we’re happy about it, correct?

This feels too soon after Huw, I don’t think it’s going to stick

Can't stand Vorderman and all her supporting cast of very online UK Twitter liberals, who seem to have picked up the worst traits of the histrionic anti-Trump posters from the US without any of their deranged charm. I really should just delete Twitter at this point. #ToryFascistDictatorship #JohnsonOut420

She’s making fun of a bully and bigot

So yes I guess she is similar to anti Trump people

Not even slightly seeing the problem here.

What are you on about?

Vorderman for PM.

What he means is that her kind of empty, performative and unintellectual sniping doesn't really do anything besides giving some people a cheap dopamine shot and antagonising others even more, so positions become more entrenched and exchanges more poisonous in the end.

What he means is that her kind of empty, performative and unintellectual sniping doesn't really do anything besides giving some people a cheap dopamine shot and antagonising others even more, so positions become more entrenched and exchanges more poisonous in the end.

I disagree with that. She brings to attention for lots and lots of people things that they don’t know about (not necessarily people in this thread as most people here are well read but others). That can only
be a good thing

I disagree with that. She brings to attention for lots and lots of people things that they don’t know about (not necessarily people in this thread as most people here are well read but others). That can only
be a good thing
Agreed - she seems to be able to reach and audience others cannot and that is important. The clip a few months ago of her going on This Morning and directly calling the govt out on its BS is a good example - we so rarely see that type of debate in that setting.

What are you on about?

Vorderman for PM.

I just find that circle of centre-left, Remainer Twitter personalities that sit around all day posting the same stock phrases and sucking each other off annoying, they don't achieve anything and I don't particularly share their politics.

Vorderman specifically I'm not a fan of because 1. She spent years using her TV/maths reputation to advertise high interest loans, 2. I think her "activism" is all about getting good PR, like many rich celebrities, and 3. She comes across as really desperate for a peerage once Sir Keir is PM.

I like what she’s doing. Part of the reason the right has had its own way for so long is the aggressive soundbite politics Farage etc use to whip up the public. It’s nice to have people using those same tactics for a good cause now, regardless of their motives.

I like what she’s doing. Part of the reason the right has had its own way for so long is the aggressive soundbite politics Farage etc use to whip up the public. It’s nice to have people using those same tactics for a good cause now, regardless of their motives.
This. With Burke, Vorderman and others, it's reassuring that there are those using their platforms to push alternative logical knowledge based soundbites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom