Christine McVie DEAD

Oh God. :( Truly one of the greats. Gutted that I never saw the classic Mac lineup live when I had the chance.

I love this video of Christine and Stevie being a drugged up mess together. :disco:

fuck. that was not expected.

I'm so glad I saw them playing in Berlin a few summers back. she (and they all) were great.

It's got to be You Make Lovin' Fun for me. Writing a song about how much fun your young fling is and making your husband play on it is ABBA levels of cunty, but it's a banger, and they all seemed to have a sense of humour about it years later...

I really like her one solo hit Got A Hold On Me

And everywhere is my second favorite Fleetwood Mac song

RIP

Fleetwood Mac are quite popular on streaming and unless I'm mistaken their GH and/or Rumours are currently in the charts. They'll probably get a half decent bounce in the charts.

Fleetwood Mac are quite popular on streaming and unless I'm mistaken their GH and/or Rumours are currently in the charts. They'll probably get a half decent bounce in the charts.
I think it's probably between them and Queen for the biggest streaming act of the 70s, isn't it? And that's before you consider their 80s stuff. I think they are very much one of the heritage acts that the streaming generation have taken to their hearts.

I'm not really familiar with her solo stuff. There was a compilation released this year that I looked over but read a review that noted it skipped the 'hits' for some reason.

Solo top 10

1. Love will show us how
2. The smile I live for
3. I’m the one
4. The challenge
5. Keeping secrets
6. You Are
7. Who’s dreaming this dream
8. Calumny
9. So excited
10. Friend

With Fleetwood Mac

1. Wish you were here
2. Everywhere
3. Isn’t it Midnight
4. Little Lies
5. Songbird
6. Brown eyes
7. Love in store
8. Say you love me
9. Skies the limit
10. Hold me

Nearly made it:
Over my head
You make loving fun
Over and over
Think about me
Save me
Nights in Estoril

iTunes update

39. Songbird
49. Everywhere
92. Little lies
120. The chain

I’ve also spied Go your own way, Dreams and Edge of seventeen in the top 200 as well

Plus the Eva Cassidy version of Songbird

Awk sad news. I hadn’t realised she was 79, they were always top of my to see list of acts I’ve not yet seen live along with the Pretenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom