GOOD BYE!
I LOVE it

Celine's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" may be EVEN BETTER though

Last edited by a moderator:
"DO DO DO DO DOOOO!
DO DO DO DO DOOOO!
DO DO DO DO DOOOO!

AAAAAH! AAAAAAH!"

I love it too. There's something about Bonnie's throaty vocals that really convey UTTER DESPERATION, in the best possible sense. :D

Bonnie's version of 'Save Up All Your Tears' has to be heard to be disbelieved. EXCRUCIATINGLY bad.

Last edited:
is that on 'Faster Than The Speed Of Night'?

I'll probably get it someday....

Incidentally, I LOVE the album cover of Bonnie seemingly being decapitated by a light sabre!

Bonnie_Tyler_-_Faster_than_the_Speed_of_Night_LP.png

Last edited:
I was going to get "Faster..." in Italy last year but Cwoj decided to buy it and I reasoned (with about 12 cds in my hands) that I didnt need to

Regretting THAT decision now...

Her version of 'The Best' (again, recorded before the covers that became big hits) is buttock clenchingly bad as well.

ON THE WAY :D

Are her pre 'Total Eclipse' hits any good? I only know that and "...Hero".

I gather she was a little bit country before Jim Steinman got his hands on her....

VoR said:
Are her pre 'Total Eclipse' hits any good? I only know that and "...Hero".

I gather she was a little bit country before Jim Steinman got his hands on her....

I wouldn't say country. Perhaps easy listening.

I do genuinely love 'Lost In France' and 'It's A Heartache'. Both big hits.

Did anyone see her croak her way through this on a cruise ship around the time of the solar eclipse?

Fwd to 1:20 for the real joy. Trying to find a full clip of this hot mess.

QUEEN BONNIE eclipsed the movements of the planets with her very own STAR POWER

OBVIOUSLY

Building merchants' debts outstanding to existing customers apparently still outstanding. See @Sheena for further info.

The last MONTH has really put me in a Bonnie mood for some reason and I've been hammering her (OOH ER). But yes, scratch below the surface and there's some RIGHT SHIT and YES, she's LIKELY A BIT OF A CUNT, but:

Bonnie Top Ten

1. Holding Out For A Hero (genuinely in my top ten records ever. Just phenomenal- it doesn't let up for a SINGLE SECOND :disco:)
2. Total Eclipse Of The Heart
3. If You Were A Woman
4. Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
5. It's A Heartache
6. Have You Ever Seen The Rain
7. Faster Than The Speed Of Night
8. Lost In France
9. It's A Jungle Out There
10.Goin' Through The Motions

Basically, I fucking love Jim Steinman and his overblown nonsense, of which THIS, "Bat Out Of Hell" and "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" form the holy trinity. I discount "Dead Ringer For Love" and "...Hero", which are obviously his finest moments, but are not in the same overblown POPOPERA mode...

Last edited:
I have a sneaking regard for this load of absolute toot from her little discussed 90s Schlager period.

(I keep saying it for MANY YEARS but can we not just post youtube links without saying what they are? I want to respond but it's blocked at work so no idea what we're talking about...)

Sorry, it's a song called Bitterblue that was written by Dieter Bohlen. It was massive on the continent.

Sorry, it's a song called Bitterblue that was written by Dieter Bohlen. It was massive on the continent.

I'd never heard "Bitterblue" until my recent look into her back catalogue. It's not much cop, I thought- is the album in the same vein?

(I keep saying it for MANY YEARS but can we not just post youtube links without saying what they are? I want to respond but it's blocked at work so no idea what we're talking about...)
LIKE LIKE LIKE

Have we actually noticed it's been number one on US iTunes for two days, with a second version in the Top 10/Top 20 the entire time? :D

Not sure our Bonnie will be around for the next one

Last edited:
How are the US charts working these days? Will it actually manage to chart on the Hot 100?

(Are singles still disqualified for being too old or something, though...thinking about it)

I imagine much like here iTunes probably means SHIT ALL these days, but recurrents can still chart as Purple Rain went top ten again last year.

Made it to #13 on the Billboard sales-only chart, but didn't rechart on the Hot 100 - pretty definitive proof that making #1 on iTunes now means very little

The Very Best Of Bonnie Tyler sold enough to make #180 on the album chart

In fact why not just post this

Elsewhere on the Artist 100, Bonnie Tyler debuts at No. 91, as the singer's 1983 Hot 100 No. 1 "Total Eclipse of the Heart" soared in sales and streaming following the total lunar eclipse on Monday, Aug. 21. The classic hit debuts on the Digital Song Sales chart at No. 13 (31,000 downloads sold in the week ending Aug. 24, up 546 percent), while The Vest Best of Bonnie Tyler enters the Billboard 200 at No. 180 (4,500 units).

546 percent :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom