baby queen!

Amazon actually came through with the album two days early :o

It is very good, though that is not unexpected based on the many singles she has released. Obvious is the early standout.

her vocal tone on 23 is fucking stunning and the lyrics are really excellent. what a song. which album highlights should I try first?

Bundle arrived today - the 2CD, a 7" and a signed print all rattling around in a large envelope that would usually house a calendar. Amazingly, everything is in perfect condition!

Album sounding excellent - 2nd half more immediately impactful than the first but it's strong stuff.

Loving every time i get high.

Number 7 in the midweeks, feels like a good start.

#5 in the end. There was some quite desperate social media hustling after the midweeks came out but it's still a more than decent showing. #3 on the sales-only chart with only The Beatles doing more units.

popstars gotta hustle these days :D

I listened to this and thought it had some really good songs and a few kinda bad ones! she's still finding her voice I think, but there's talent so she'll get there.

This is getting spun daily. I do wish the production wasn't so compressed but that's just the sound of pop music today, isn't it? I do wish she would sing a bit more often, rather than speak, that's the only thing.

Despite the album only coming out 5 months ago, our Arabella is back back back with a new single! Is this the start of a new album campaign? Is it a last ditch attempt at a hit? Is it something in between? WHO KNOWS, but I like the song. Not an instant top tier BQ song for me, but still characteristically very good:

I was expecting her to hibernate until about 2-3 weeks before Heartstopper comes back in October, so this is a nice surprise.

I did note HMV selling off the album - normal CD for £5 and the supposedly super-limited 2CD for £6. She will need to shift a few more before her label will be happy; they held the album off a bit too long, I think. We'll see - she's in a similar position as Marina & The Diamonds after The Family Jewels; a rabid fanbase but short on hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom