And Just Like That... (Sex & The City revival)

I’m watching Sex and the City 2

I feel it might take me a while (to never finish it) though

The fact I may have to wait two years for another episode.

IMG_3699.png

My understanding is SJP is bad for people's mental health

Very quick translation, excuse the mistakes

Question: Did you enjoy your brief return as Samantha Jones in AJLT's second season finale just as much? (Previous question was about Glamorous and she said she enjoyed that).

Answer: Of course! Samantha to me was always a fun character. I gave so much of myself to that role, I impersonated her in such a way that I feel as if she's a relative. It was wonderful to return, even for a little, to the universe of this woman, who has made so many people happy with her lines.

Question: What do you believe is the legacy left by Sex and the City? Why is it still relevant to the public after all this time?

Answer: I find it difficult to talk about it since I was a part of it. I recall the experience with gratitude. It surely changed my life and I think it changed the lives of many women. It made them ask for more. I always looked at Samantha as a modern Aphrodite. And this is not just in relationship to sex. I think we are in need of these bold powerful women in the spotlight. It was a series that brought women together, showed how they react to men, how women's friendship is. The four characters made up a full woman, that is why everyone could identify with all of them. It was of its time and made for its time, yet you can still enjoy it because it was special. But let me say this again, I can't see it as you or as a fan watches it, cause I was in it.

Question: There's so much that has been said about the reasons you didn't return in AJLT and I know that you don't want to speak about all that. What I would like to know is whether you believe that a career is better built on "no's" rather than "yes's".

Answer: My good friend Patricia Fields comes to mind again. One of the reasons I admire her for is her instict. What happens is that as you get older, the knowledge about what's best for you also matures inside you. You have something that guides you. An intuition over a certain role, a collaborator, a situation. In the current phase my intuition is at its best. I am very synchronised with my desires. I withdraw me from things I feel do not suit me. I say "Kim this may not be for you". So many things happen every day in every city, in every relationship, in every workplace. You need to take care not only of your physical health, but also of your mental one. You owe to control the situations you grant yourself access to. A "no" you may say is not that terrible. It simply shows that something isn't right for you.

Last edited:
I'll never watch Glamorous but please tell me they use the Fergie song as the theme tune 🙏

I'm trying so hard to get into series 2, thanks to @Nancy . But I'm really struggling. I'm not sure if it's because I'm having to watch on my phone, or I just don't have much interest in the characters anymore, but something isn't right :(

Everything’s a two year wait these days! 😡

The major US networks in the 2000’s would never!

I didn’t know that the actor playing Che was non-binary too. Thought that was just the character.

Hasn’t Cynthia Nixon been very vocal about the war too?

I didn't know the character was non-binary. I thought it was just the actor.

They did a wonderful job of not making it a defining feature of the character.

I didn’t know that the actor playing Che was non-binary too. Thought that was just the character.

Hasn’t Cynthia Nixon been very vocal about the war too?

I think this may be SARA spinning it when the fact is they were probably written out because everyone HATES THE CHARACTER! *

*Not me obviously, but Che Diaz is very much my type.

:Santos:

She is so sweet. "Don't you want to look fresh?" I can only hope Gina G gets the shivers every time a gay watches this. I've caught the Chloë Sevigny (my username origins story another day) episode, it's a cute series and better than the now stale photo album one (which, let's face it, peaked at CHER saying she'd had enough).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom