And Just Like That... (Sex & The City revival)

When you’ve made $1 million for an afternoon’s work.

IMG_3651.jpeg

Still reeling at the absolute WICKEDNESS and SPITEFULNESS of Aiden picking his REDNECK KIDS over Carrie after she buys him a $10 million townhouse.

Why was it more important to show Che’s kiss with an unknown rather than Miranda’s BBC drink date with famous British actress that I’ve seen in numerous shows and films but don’t remember their name? (Maybe Toby was cheaper)

Also the gag of Miranda doing that VERY SERIOUS THANKYOUVERYMUCH interview with the BBC (on a human rights issue, no less) in full evening gown.

Nya has reached the pinnacle of her career and is sulking because ANDRE RASHED isn’t there to share it with her? Get a grip you STUPID BITCH!!!
I thought that was going to be an exit story for her, but it turns out said illustrious institution is in Pennsylvania (yes, I googled it during the episode).

I did enjoy her getting more time in the final episode than the rest of the season put together.

Toby has a definite serial killer energy. I just know they’re going to be pure evil, the spitefulness is so evident and I’m already petrified at the wickedness that is to come.

Maybe they (actually have we confirmed Toby identifies as non-binary?) will be the serial killer?
I am assuming Toby is non-binary - even if I am slagging off terrible non-binary characters I will at least get the pronouns right.

That said, I don’t think the character is anywhere near as HEINOUS as Che, but the speech given after the comedy gig was like… all of worst and most annoying stereotypes about non-binary people wrapped into about a minute of screen time. Overall, both of them have been a NET-NEGATIVE when it comes to non-binary representation on television. I’d rather have none at all.

I was chatting to a Gen Zer at work who’s only seen the SATC movies (and loved them!) but never seen the show which I thought was absolutely wild.

I liked that last episode, the cast all together in the flat was a fitting finale with all the bits going on.

I enjoyed Samantha's cameo, I saw some clips where part of the deal was that the writer and other executives or cast members would not be there, therefore what Kim and her team sent back, although would have followed a script would have deviated slightly so took a bit of control there too, and Carrie would have then had to work around that in terms of the conversation on the phone. All quite interesting and the kiss of the phone at the end not scripted. I do wonder if this opens up to a few more scenes like this in S3 or if it well and truly is a one off.

Bring on S3 of this modern day masterpiece.

I think that’s the last we see of Samantha, as much as I would love it if we kept randomly getting clips of Samantha making up increasingly ludicrous excuses for not seeing Carrie.

“Honey, I just left Heathrow!”

*drives over Chelsea Bridge*

Last edited:
I think that’s the last we see of Samantha, as much as I would love it if kept randomly getting clips of Samantha making up increasingly ludicrous excuses for not seeing Carrie.

“Honey, I just left Heathrow!”

*drives over Chelsea Bridge*

Haha, I saw that got a bit of stick, however 'Just left the airport' could mean literally or ABOUT AN HOUR ago :D

Maybe she'll come back for the kittens first birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom