ABBA Rate - The Definitive 50th Anniversary Edition (VOTING CLOSED - Results this week!)

I won't be able to make it tomorrow, regardless of time. Please do press on though, there's still a lot to get through.

Another sync coming up this week… I’m going to do it on Monday or Wednesday. What would be preferable for the handful of regulars?

(And anybody else who is interested for that matter)

I think it's on the DVD that comes with one of The Visitors reissues. The whole thing (which isnt on that DVD) was a US TV special and is rather good.

I haven't checked that youtube clip to see how complete it is.

As the sync listens don’t suit for my timezone I’ve been going through them in order and have now finished The Album.

The jump in quality from Ring Ring to Arrival is really quite constant and quite amazing given the short timeframe.

I also had no idea I’ve Been Waiting For You was a #8 hit here as well :o

I think my rate is done. I need to stop tweaking the numbers :D

I think my average score might be skewing slightly high...

I think my rate is done. I need to stop tweaking the numbers :D

I think my average score might be skewing slightly high...
I think the average score for the song at #50 is about 8.2 at this early stage so I wouldn’t worry. :D

Anyone around for another sync listen tonight?

Also more votes please!!

im-free-are-you-being-served (1).gif

Splendid, tomorrow at 7pm it is. It’s a good ‘un too!

Thanks for the votes so far - I think we've had just about enough to give the first HOT STAT update:

Three songs currently have an average score of 10+ :o

MORE VOTES PLEASE.

I THOUGHT that was quite impressive statistically after more than a couple of votes but maybe it isn’t so much actually. :D

Oh well, a stat’s a stat!

I assume this isn't happening tonight at least?

I don’t think so. :(

I know it doesn’t take all that many people to make a sync listen worthwhile but I figure we’ve come far enough that it would be a shame to crack on when most of the regulars aren’t free.

Never mind - agree let's do it when most people are free

In better news, I got more votes today. :disco:

They were from somebody who knew around half the songs, so remember even if you don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the entire back catalogue, you can take part too!

We're reaching the conclusion of this as I'll be starting the countdown later this month when the actual anniversary hits.

A couple more sync listens to go, but anybody who isn't waiting for those to complete, here's another call for votes! Thanks to all the votes I've had through so far but there are definitely certain people here who I'd be very reluctant to go ahead without their votes included.

If you think it just wouldn't be right to count down Moopy's DEFINITIVE ABBA chart without your votes included, then please do jot them down and send them through - you've still got a week or two left but time is moving on. :sweden:

Ooh, ta for the votes over the weekend - MORE PLEASE!

The next sync listen is tomorrow evening, stick it in the diaries. :sweden:

One more sync listen to go and then this is CLOSING next week! Thanks for the votes so far, and if you haven’t voted yet, you still have time but it’s running out!

Expecting rates from posters including but not limited to…

@Tisch @Iguana @lolly @Gangsta Nancy Lam @Jark @RJN @Suedey @Suomi @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid @VoR @Penelope @Hak @Diddy @dUb @Soldi @octophone

(Very aware that nobody who liked the first post has sent me their rates yet so assuming they’re all imminent… 👀)

We’ll start the countdown on the OFFICIAL* ABBA anniversary!

*potentially disputed

I have managed to miss every single sync listen! Partly due to bad time management on my part, of course. Complete fail from me for which I apologise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom