ABBA Rate - The Definitive 50th Anniversary Edition (VOTING CLOSED - Results this week!)

I have finished my votes and now just need to wait until one minute before the closing time to submit them, in order to punish Pingu for the timing of his votes in the last ASFM.
I had a feeling somebody would do this.

This really is a work in progress but at least I'm more than half way there, only four albums left to rate now.

I'm happy to see the overall quality increase with each new bundle :)

I’ll make it. Only 4 albums left.
{1 day later}
only four albums left
agnetha-agnetha-faltskog.gif

Yes surely you have to be progressing for it to be work in progress. :D

Move On - Nice enough. Wonder if it was thought as a potential follow up to Eagle? Didn't leave much of a mark.

Ok, my previous counting in the days leading up to this has been hopeful and slightly lacking.

Now I'm precisely 4 Albums off a full rate. I expect to be done in about 9h or so.

- Who thought following up Hole In Your Soul with Thank You For The Music was a good idea?
- Was it ABBAs try for an original joke? No wonder it took 4 years for the song to chart.

Last edited:
The whole The Album feels like outtakes from 9 different albums. Did they just let inspiration run wild or did B&B feel like they had something to prove :eyes:

The whole The Album feels like outtakes from 9 different albums. Did they just let inspiration run wild or did B&B feel like they had something to prove :eyes:
I really love it from start to finish, and most of the songs feel like such a progression for them, but I have never felt it really hangs together as an a whole body of work.

I really love it from start to finish, and most of the songs feel like such a progression for them, but I have never felt it really hangs together as an a whole body of work.
I really appreciate it too. Don't really know what to think of it but it surely is something I'll come back and listen too.

As Good As New - and they thought Just Like That was too disjointed?

I very much recognise/remember this and yet it still surprises me. This is like four great tracks forced together in one hot sausage. Weird choice.

Last edited:
I Have a Dream - Didn't know Abba made this. Sounds like John Lennon lyrics.

edit: or after some googling perhaps not. Mixed him up with Westlife.

If you want an actual answer, The Visitors for the purposes of this rate is made up of:

The original 9-track album
1 B-side from that era
5 tracks they recorded for the follow-up that never materialised

So they didn’t cobble together a 15-track album as such.

If you want an actual answer, The Visitors for the purposes of this rate is made up of:

The original 9-track album
1 B-side from that era
5 tracks they recorded for the follow-up that never materialised

So they didn’t cobble together a 15-track album as such.
Perhaps I'll just skip all the extra rudimentary tracks then :durst:

:manson: How can an ABBA on the verge of breaking up cobble together an album with 15 tracks??
What on earth is manson-worthy about one of the greatest albums of all time having fifteen tracks?!

I simply can't at the last 12 hours of this topic.

I know I'm a big fan, but I'll say it again, I presumed they were GAY STAPLE.

- Who thought following up Hole In Your Soul with Thank You For The Music was a good idea?
- Was it ABBAs try for an original joke? No wonder it took 4 years for the song to chart.
It was re-released as a fan favourite, for a post career GH.

Reactions: Hak
I did actually think during the intro to Elaine that it was shocking how OBVIOUS it was as inspiration for a good chunk of William Orbit's career

Attention Voyagers!

I’m aware of a final handful of rates that are currently in progress, but for various reasons might not be totally ready for 2pm, so I’m extending the deadline until the end of the day so that finishing touches can be made and nobody has to resort to recaps, random number generators or skipping The Day Before You Came.

Firm deadline of 11.59pm British Clock Time tonight now set!

Don’t see that as a target though - I’m bored and want to tot up some scores. :D

So Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (Your Votes Before Midnight) @Suomi @Hak @dmlaw @Jark @Madison and anyone else I might not be aware of. :sweden:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom