Which is THE best Spice solo song?

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
Is it Maybe?

How about much loved Beyoncé song Resentment?

Or is it Half of Me?

Discuss.

Mind Of It's Own by SPOKEN WORD LEGEND Victoria Beckham :disco:

In all seriousness, my favourite probably with Never Be The Same Again or What Took You So Long

Last edited:
I think I would rank 'Love Never Loved Me' at number two, and 'I Turn To You' at number three. Really takes you back to the turn of the century, watching a girl in pedal pushers and a sports bra vomit out her soul on some ITV show about Ibiza Holiday Reps.

I think I would rank 'Love Never Loved Me' at number two, and 'I Turn To You' at number three. Really takes you back to the turn of the century, watching a girl in pedal pushers and a sports bra vomit out her soul on some ITV show about Ibiza Holiday Reps.
So you’re just going to steal my top 3

"LET ME HIT THIS ONE BEFORE I GEEERRRRR"

Closely followed by Maybe, Never Be The Same Again and I Turn To You.

I loathe the Let Your Head Go video. Sure, it has the references, but it's just not done well at all. Song is a Spice eclipse. A genuinely awesome dance track. Look At Me, I Want You Back and Northern Star are also contenders. Emma was onto something with Maybe, it's just a shame the follow-up album didn't use that sound to go even further with it. She has a pleasing, sun-kissed tone to her voice, but may as well be a cauliflower with a wig on for all the personality she has to offer.

Me trying to choose between Maybe and What Took You So Long

merylacentos.gif

I loathe the Let Your Head Go video. Sure, it has the references, but it's just not done well at all.
I BEG to DIFFER. the video is art. the black and white scenes on the steps serving surrealist 70s euro arthouse cinema? when will your faves?

If she'd released No Sign Of Life instead of Crickets Sing, I'm convinced she could have flogged another 50k of the Free Me album.

it's so annoying how Free Me is still not on Spotify here. how am I supposed to stream Maybe once a year now?

I think What took you so long is my favourite solo or Spice Girls song, with the exception of 2 become 1.

I don't care for Maybe, definitely. What Took You So Long is an occasional in my mix when on the hunt for nostalgic MOR.

Obviously the hot trash Ibeeffa remix of I Turn To You is essential for every occasion.

The stated Vicky track is a bop, but it's absence from Spotify is sinful.

Geri was one of my teen idols, but the hits have aged like roadkill.

Meh B.

Emma - What Took You So Long
Geri - Mi Chico Latino/ Look At Me
Victoria - Out of Your Mind
Mel B - Feels So Good
Mel C- Northern Star

I don't care for Maybe, definitely. What Took You So Long is an occasional in my mix when on the hunt for nostalgic MOR.

Obviously the hot trash Ibeeffa remix of I Turn To You is essential for every occasion.

Meh B.
And there you have it.

Meh B.

I pretty much agree with all of this, except Maybe is hands down my fave from any of them.

1. What Took You So Long
2. Mi Chico Latino
3. I Turn To You (Hex Hector Mix)
4. Northern Star
5. Goin' Down
6. Never Be The Same Again
7. I Want You Back
8. Out of Your Mind
9. Bag It Up
10. It's Raining Men

I also like Closer and Feel The Sun by Melanie C, and I quite enjoy Tell Me by Mel B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom